AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A380 any one seen these yet?  (Read 11681 times)

EK01

Re: A380 any one seen these yet?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »
Was it really necessary to mention this "other" site?

Do not touch any chains end without seeing the other end, because you don't know which kind of animal is on the other end. ;-)

Ingo,

You are quite correct with what you say although as you will have noted this 'other' site was never mentioned by name. They do seem, however to always recognise themselves from the description given. I was over 30 years in sales and was always told to NEVER critiscise the opposition, (something they perhaps should pay heed to) as it would inevitably end in tears. Constructive critiscism was always welcome however. We shall see. I have now deleted their website from my 'Favourites' (after all the sad little gang of two's comments were always good for a laugh). They can continue with their anti AN comments between themselves.

neroon79

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »
They can continue with their anti AN comments between themselves.
And hopefully getting bored, if nobody pays attention to their almost useless comments.

...although as you will have noted this 'other' site was never mentioned by name.
Yeah, but sometimes it is already enough to just mention the existence of such site, to set off a new chain-reaction of useless/unnecessary comments and argumentations. That's why I'd like to prefer to not mention the pure existence of this site at all. Well, I think that's enough attention to this old "horror story".  Back to topic.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

EK01

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 04:13:45 PM »
Ingo,

Comments duly noted.

Cheers,

Ian

eyeinthesky

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 05:14:02 PM »
Was it really necessary to mention this "other" site?

Do not touch any chains end without seeing the other end, because you don't know which kind of animal is on the other end. ;-)

Ingo,

You are quite correct with what you say although as you will have noted this 'other' site was never mentioned by name. They do seem, however to always recognise themselves from the description given. I was over 30 years in sales and was always told to NEVER critiscise the opposition, (something they perhaps should pay heed to) as it would inevitably end in tears. Constructive critiscism was always welcome however. We shall see. I have now deleted their website from my 'Favourites' (after all the sad little gang of two's comments were always good for a laugh). They can continue with their anti AN comments between themselves.

Yes it was only a matter of time before their own members got feed up with the D&A SHOW.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 11:40:40 PM »
It only took 7 days for me to quite that forum.
Bar a few quotes you wouldn't know I'd ever been there, mind you I didn't expect my parting post to remain on there very long. ;)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 07:26:43 AM »
Bar a few quotes you wouldn't know I'd ever been there, mind you I didn't expect my parting post to remain on there very long. ;)

Your final post was there just long enough to be noticed before it was removed ;)

I've kept my account active there so that I can defend the insults that are occasionally thrown at me :(  The latest was a false accusation that "We're 99.99% sure you have multiple accounts".  Those guys are paranoid!!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:43:37 AM by tarbat »

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:27 AM »
And there was me thinking that had gone forever.
Well, I wasn't rude, I just told it how I saw it and for someone coming into the hobby for the first time I was looking for advise, tips and links to what others had done ect.

I could have stuck around and not said anything but I've better things to do with my life so it's better this way all round and if they want to talk about me then fine, I'm not likely to see it and at least I left an impression on there. ;)
It's also easy enough to see if someone has multiple user accounts with the SMF forums as there's an Admin facility where you can list the members by the last IP address they used so it should easy to spot. Although you have to be careful that it's not two people from the same LAN. ;)

EK01

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 10:06:20 AM »
And Budgie you should be able to get all the advice and assistance you may require from the helpful members on THIS forum !

Ian

Hawkeye

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
Although this thread has wandered off topic, similar comments to the ones in the latest postings were always going to crop up on this forum  sooner or later.

I’m another who hasn’t an account with ’The Other Site’, but after reading submissions to our group, I always read the postings there for a bit of daily entertainment from the ‘dynamic duo’ and a couple of others,  and I must admit I enjoy the occasional postings from others, of interest to virtual radar users and aviation enthusiasts in general.

Probably a bit childish, but before I go there I always try to guess what the response will be to postings here which you know they will have a go at.
Must admit I was wrong on Tuesday when AN Dev informed us that the network would be down for 5 minutes and it was all of 7 minutes 22 seconds before it was back up and nobody there pointed out that yet again AN  had taken longer than they said they would .

In a way I’ll actually be a bit disappointed when AirNav clear up all the ‘bugs’ and other outstanding issues because I’ll miss the chuckles that the biased comments and opinions  provide.

I would also like to say that I admire Tarbat for the generally dignified way he responds to personal comments aimed at him on there and the restraint AN show in not taking the bait.

Syd

eyeinthesky

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 02:16:42 PM »

Your final post was there just long enough to be noticed before it was removed ;)

I've kept my account active there so that I can defend the insults that are occasionally thrown at me :(  The latest was a false accusation that "We're 99.99% sure you have multiple accounts".  Those guys are paranoid!!!

They are not only paranoid but hypocrites there Moto should be ‘Don’t do as I do, do as I say’ but then the D&A show no doubt carries on.
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.