anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reporter Issue (all versions)  (Read 6293 times)

DaveG

Reporter Issue (all versions)
« on: March 19, 2008, 05:31:55 PM »
Is there any chance on the next update to have the reporter fixed so that it does not cut the airline text:  (or the option to download it as csv for excel with no cutting of data)

Example of the cut (...)
* 020001  CN-RMF  B734  Atlas Blue (Royal... 2008/03/19 13:33:13
 * 491186  CS-DLF  F2TH  Untitled (NetJets... 2008/03/19 11:49:19
 * 491256  CS-DRV  H25B  Untitled (NetJets... 2008/03/19 13:22:45

« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 05:33:39 PM by DaveG »
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Reporter Issue (all versions)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 05:36:47 PM »
That is not an issue but something requested by other users to maintain the alignment of the coluns. This is widely used on other applications.

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »
That is not an issue but something requested by other users to maintain the alignment of the coluns. This is widely used on other applications.

What other users of RB as I did a search on forums and could not find anything.

Alignment is no good being nice if it cuts data out...

What would be great would be an option to select what gets included in the report and how its formated.
Cornwall, UK

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 06:36:50 PM »

What other users of RB as I did a search on forums and could not find anything.

Alignment is no good being nice if it cuts data out...

What would be great would be an option to select what gets included in the report and how its formated.

Dave,

The inclusion of the Airline text was mine from beta testing, although I didn't please everybody as there are users who want the Flight ID instead - just can't win :-)

I also requested the fixed length of the Airline field, as some of the entries are very long and it totally mucks up the formatting of the report.  Believe me, if the airline column width was set to the longest entry, you would have to print it in landscape format :-0

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 06:57:26 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, still not sure the report as it stands is the best format but do understand the reason.

Maybe what is needed is one report for on-screen viewing and one cut down for printing?

Have to say my main needs are for on-screen viewing of the report.
Cornwall, UK

Allocator

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:28:51 PM »
I'm sure that it would be fairly easy for AirNav to change what appears in the Report.  You are right that it would be really nice to be able to choose what appears using a tick box type option list just like the one for the MyFlights and Network aircraft lists.  We all have our particular interests and it's unlikely that a "one size fit's all" will ever satisfy everybody.

Now we've got a good database, maybe we need to start to think about just how we want to display and print the historical data?

It's easy to export data in csv format from MyLog, but it is an extra step that would be better done by RadarBox itself.  See the quick example below.

Click the link below for full size:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2306/2345365909_8f8aa98a74_o.jpg
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:32:55 PM by Allocator »

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 09:09:06 PM »
yep now with the sql DB it must be easier to implement these simple feature inside RB rather than with third party utils.

Have to say never even crossed my mind to do a sql query myself, lol.

Thinking about it, now the data is in DB the search and query options are endless and could be a complete new section of RB ;)
Cornwall, UK

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »
Oh yes indeed!

tarbat is the chap to talk to regarding SQL searches - I just pinch his scripts to use in SQLite Maestro.  I'm sure he's got shares in the program as he convinced me to buy it :-)

Only joking tarbat, but I am only just scratching the surface with SQL here, you're way ahead of me!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 08:40:23 AM »
Yes, I took the view that whatever reports Airnav develop, they'll never be exactly what I want.  So I got SQLMaestro so I could use the Visual Query Builder for whatever reports/queries I have.  I didn't want to be writing SQL code from scratch.

Maybe it's because I used to be an auditor, we never trusted a report unless we'd written it ourselves!!