AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FILL IN COLOUR  (Read 3639 times)

ATROPOS

FILL IN COLOUR
« on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:26 AM »
Hello everyone,
i have purchased thE RB few days ago and my chart on 2d map is not right for the record i discovered missing islands and runways on the sea ...?
well after little thought i managed to create with outline format .out in the outline directory a file with the island

until now all good but i want to fill in with colour so as not to have only the diagram of that.

any ideas because  i run out of them!!

can i use the colours of the rb?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: FILL IN COLOUR
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
If you mean like this, then no, you can't "fill-in" islands with land colour.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/6034393991/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Might be better to use the Satellite layer feature instead.

ATROPOS

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 09:26:25 AM »
thanks a lot tarbat!!!

my thought is to try to fill it with continious .out line so as to cover it

patience from iron ....
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:31:00 AM by ATROPOS »

ATROPOS

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 03:12:30 PM »

I think i  managed to create an island with a hard way
you have to mark all the island step by step as you can see with the red lines on the jordan's outline maker 1st pic

http://acme.com/jef/outlines/

in the fourth picture from the RB i had a runway without land (last one)  after that i draw at first a diagram of the island ( third pic)
after a little hour  i managed to "fill it"  by drawing a new outline file and dropping it on the outline directory. i managed that using the jordan's outline maker as you can see in the picture you have to have patience and curiocity lololol
the picture  i have now is the pic 3-first.
i have to tell you  that i have radar box 3d but i dont have strong HY so i stay in the 2d picture at the monment this is why i ve done it

air nav systems company have to take into account that it s essential to draw at your maps
a big thanks to all the other enthusiasts for the high value information they post.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:45:22 PM »
The more the resolution for the maps the less these inaccuracies will occur however more processing power would be required which could cause problems.

The maps are purposely kept low on resolution outlines to prevent lower spec machines struggling.

As our customer base has expanded there has been a demand for increased resolutions. We hope to provide this in the future.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 04:17:26 PM »

ATROPOS

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 10:07:40 PM »
Tarbat thanks !!!
but i have the radar box few days and no time to calibrate it as i want!
you will have picture constantely in few days!
 i just want to write the procedure a little bit more clear !
If somebody want to have a satellite overlay on his map this is easy because you can download it via the choise you have Map/Satellite Layer/download

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IF you want to have another type of map overlay like that:

you have to go to open street map directory website  http://www.openstreetmap.org/#

and choose the area of your interest

for instance this one

if you do that then you save the photo at the satellite layer as .jpeg file
be carefoul how you will name the file!
next step is to create a .stl file
if you want to do this first you have to switch the decimal degrees on the left side of the map on the open street map into a new type so as to put succesfully into your initial RB map.
how do you do that?

1)

AS YOU CAN SEE i dout if you cannot lolololo
 we name the four numbers as top-left-right-bottom (they are in decimal degrees already)
2)you have to open a new file on the notebook so as to copy the following results
3)then we multiply them like that
 the number on the left x 60 x 60 x1500 and we copy the result to the notebook
4)next you multiply the bottom number X 60 X 60 X 1500 the final result you copied onthe notebook
5)you DEDUCT from the right number the left number right-left and the result you multiply it X 60 X 60 X 1500 then the final result you copied on the notebook
6)next step you deduct from the top mumber the bottom number the result you multiply it  X 60 X 60 X 1500

after these steps and if you copied with this order the result from the previous procedure you are ready to save it

file name--> you put the name of the foto's file you stored before on the satellite layer directory so as to have the same file name for example chicago chicago and this one

be carefull that this time at the end you will finished it with .stl for the above example chicago.stl
when you press save the appearance of the file will change(should become like that

Uploaded with ImageShack.us ) then you copied that on the satellite layer directory

and you ready to activate the new overlay map!!!

i have made it too saulty as  we say in my country buti hpe that  nobody will have problems from now on !!!

Goodnight from Greece and a big thanks to MR Tarbat!!!

GPS Latitude and Longitude Converter
http://www.csgnetwork.com/gpscoordconv.html
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:22:14 PM by ATROPOS »