anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help please...Box not working  (Read 3892 times)

southernsteve

Help please...Box not working
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
Hi all. During a recent trip to Palma my box appeared to pack up half way through the holiday after a heavy rain shower. It was not connected to the pc at the time but after the USB light would flash slowly and the box would only pick up transmissions at very close range if at all. Initially I suspected a fault with the USB cables, which I changed,  so then assumed it was the antenna.

On returning home I have set up the box with new cables and different antenna but with the same result. Can anybody please assist as what I can do next?

Many thanks, Steve

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Help please...Box not working
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »
Hi Steve

It sound like the SAW filter problem. To confirm this and to get you box repaired, contact Support:

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

HTH

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:08:19 AM »
Hi Steve, you don't say how old your RB is, if less than 2 yrs old, contact AN Support for a Returns ticket number, then send it off to Waters & Stanton, who'll repair it and return in under 10 days.  If over 2yrs, just pack it up and send to Waters & Stanton direct, they'll let you know repair cost.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

southernsteve

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 11:38:51 AM »
Thanks for the replies......unfortunately box is over two years old  so I guess it's off to W&S.

Regards Steve

lambertw

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 12:47:37 PM »
Hi Steve, you don't say how old your RB is, if less than 2 yrs old, contact AN Support for a Returns ticket number, then send it off to Waters & Stanton, who'll repair it and return in under 10 days.  If over 2yrs, just pack it up and send to Waters & Stanton direct, they'll let you know repair cost.
As I understand it if it's one of the earlier serial numbered box's it will be repaired free of charge.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 02:20:43 PM by lambertw »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 12:50:34 PM »
Best to contact us first and we can tell you.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

southernsteve

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 01:34:09 PM »
Will do..thanks

Steve

prosinger

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 03:53:45 AM »
Hi all. During a recent trip to Palma my box appeared to pack up half way through the holiday after a heavy rain shower. It was not connected to the pc at the time but after the USB light would flash slowly and the box would only pick up transmissions at very close range if at all. Initially I suspected a fault with the USB cables, which I changed,  so then assumed it was the antenna.

On returning home I have set up the box with new cables and different antenna but with the same result. Can anybody please assist as what I can do next?

Many thanks, Steve
I had nothing but troublw with the flimsy SMA antenna plug on the back of my radar box, just give it a wiggle to see if your signal comes up and if it does, replace it with a solid BNC socket. I can send you one free of charge if it looks as though that's the problem.

southernsteve

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 04:38:43 PM »
thanks for your kind offer. Box has been returned to be fixed.

Regards  Steve