AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Robin Hood Sheffield Doncaster Airport Missing?  (Read 8819 times)

flymee1939

• Short Empire Class C
Re: Robin Hood Sheffield Doncaster Airport Missing?
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 05:02:20 PM »
I shall say this only once!

My home base is EGPF.

I only want to watch aircraft going in and out of Robin Hood Doncaster sheffield Airport, now in my first post on the subject of not being able to find it under EGNC does everyone now get what I am after. It isnt my home base.

If I want to go to EGLL thats not a problem, will you Alan explain how you can watch a/c from Doncaster without making it your Home Base?

You say in  your E-mail you managed it. Will you send me a screen shot please,ANYONE of EGCN please.

Ray

I promise you all this will be my last post!!

flymee there please
Bring back all is forgiven!

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »
Ray,

I havent a clue what you are meaning about making it your home base.

You can watch aircraft at any airport on the network by zooming into the airport and with the proviso that there is someone suitably located to pick up the airport and its traffic and is feeding it to the network.  You can do that with any airport anywhere in the world assuming you have the outline installed and it is being fed into the network.

Tarbat has already provided a screenshot of EGCN and I would add one myself if I knew how to.

If it helps please feel free to send me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call and we can discuss how you do it, its probably easier that way.  I live in Motherwell.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »
If I want to go to EGLL thats not a problem, will you Alan explain how you can watch a/c from Doncaster without making it your Home Base?

Well, I'm not Alan, but I'll try to explain.  My home airport is around EGPE.  So, I can either:

1. Type FNY (the nearest NDB) in the LOCATE box in the toolbar, and click on the LOCATE button.

OR

2. Zoom out the map, drag it until you're over EGCN, then zoom in.

Once you've done that, save the map as something like "2 EGCN".  Then you can always return to that map setup by right-clicking on the map, and pressing S then 2.

You say in  your E-mail you managed it. Will you send me a screen shot please,ANYONE of EGCN please.

Already posted earlier in this thread - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6305.msg68118#msg68118

Of course, you need to also turn the NETWORK on!!

NOTE: Just putting EGCN in the Airports table won't work.  AFAIK, all the Airports table is used for is the airport lookup to display routes - converting EGPE to Inverness Dalcross for example.  TO be able to use EGCN in the LOCATE box needs an update to the map data in the Radarbox software.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:58:06 PM by tarbat »

flymee1939

• Short Empire Class C
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »
Hi Alan and Tarbat and others.

I have now got map of airport on my location for EGNC but without its ICAO it doesnt seem to want to own up to who it is.

I can now watch flights around and over it.

Alan what did you mean by PM, it would be good to talk as I live 26miles out of Glasgow down the Clyde. Lived here for 14yrs or so, no scenery quite like it, bonus view from flat over clyde. Tall ships fireworks was some sight!

Ray
Bring back all is forgiven!

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 07:22:13 PM »
Ray,

If you look to the left of the text under my screen name you will see 3 symbols for profile, email and PM.  Press on the email or PM and send me a message the answer will either come by email or through My Messages if you llok on the 4th row at the top of the screen.

To get EGCN, do as Tarbat says,  on the Radarbox screen top left click on file then preferences, when that comes up go to the 2nd tab for Radarbox, bottom right corner you will see a box "Custom Legend List" copy in EGCN, 53.48887,-1.002416, press apply then OK.  When you restart Radarbox the next time EGCN will be there in all its glory.

Alan