AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logging multiple detections of aircraft without flight ID?  (Read 2158 times)

jetkeen

Logging multiple detections of aircraft without flight ID?
« on: July 16, 2011, 08:04:50 AM »
Hi,

I'm new to this list - sorry if this is a dumb newbie question!

I've noticed that when my AirNav box detects an aircraft that doesn't transmit a flight ID/call sign (so doesn't show anything in the 'flights' box in MyLog), it only seems to show in the Log for the last time it was detected. In other words, if it was detected every day for 5 days, when you filter the Log for, say, day 1 or day 3, the aircraft doesn't come up in the filtered log for that day (it only comes up when you filter for day 5).

I'd really like to log each occasion that a 'non-flight ID' aircraft like this is detected: not just the last occasion. Is there a way i can do this? Or is the info actually stored somewhere in the MySQL database - in which case, is there an easy way to get it out?!

Any suggestions from more experienced AirNav users would be great!

Thanks,

Bill

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: Logging multiple detections of aircraft without flight ID?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 08:15:16 AM »
Hello

It sounds like you are using Version 2.0 (the version that comes on the CD). download the newer version here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/313/ANRB313Setup.exe and this problem should be cured. Copy your navdata.db3 and mylog.db3 from the data folder in your old version to the new one to save your log and aircraft data etc. If you are using vista or win 7 and you installed into the default program files location then the correct database files will be in your "virtual store".

Andrew
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 08:18:55 AM by orkney »

jetkeen

Re: Logging multiple detections of aircraft without flight ID?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »
Thanks! That seems to have done the trick.

Now to work out how to generate complete flight reports for older than 1 day (rather than just aircraft 'first seen' and 'last seen' by date-filtering the MyLog aircraft list)...