anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Village location  (Read 2808 times)

grasscutter

Village location
« on: July 11, 2011, 06:52:22 PM »
Can someone remind me how to show villages and cities on the map. I have tried various ways but not working; I maybe not doing it properly. I have got the exact compass bearing from Google Earth.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Village location
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
Hi Grasscutter.

Do you mean the various options in the Map...General Signs list?

If so, they generally work for the USA only - a few roads are shown for Europe, and that's about it.

If you mean a Custom Legend where you can add your own locations, they are on the File...Preferences dialogue, on the RadarBox tab. Enter the DECIMAL lat and long the way it tells you, and remember to turn on the display of Custom Legends on the Map menu.

Hope that helps.

Rod
Rod

grasscutter

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:55:43 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I have clicked on Customer Legends on the map drop down menu. Then selected File-Pref-radar box. Typed in my village name with the compass bearing, from Google Earth, in the box. Ticked the legend box above the narrative then ok. The map shows "My Home" instead of village name and showing in a different location to the bearing put in. Any idea what I am doing wrong or not doing.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
The map shows "My Home" instead of village name and showing in a different location to the bearing put in. Any idea what I am doing wrong or not doing.

How different a location?  Yards, miles - how many?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
Grasscutter.

I suspect that you're not entering the latitude and longitude in DECIMAL.

In Google Earth, go to Tools...Options and on the left-hand side, under "Show Lat/Long", click on the Decimal Degrees option. Then get the lat/long of the location you want, and enter that in the RadarBox dialogue box. Make sure you type the commas between the parts of the entry: name,lat,long

Best to make sure there aren't any blank lines above or below your entry, too.

It doesn't matter whether you click the "Draw Home Location Legend" option. Custom Legends show anyway as long as Map...Custom Legend is ticked.

Good luck

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
Hi Rod, my thoughts as well, why I was asking how far adrift!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:07:15 AM »
Also remember if you are east of the Greenwich meridian you have to enter the Longtitude setting as -.

Alan