AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No military aircraft in MyFlights.  (Read 5669 times)

ToxtethOGrady

No military aircraft in MyFlights.
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »
I receive the alerts for military aircraft on Mode-S. The notification box comes up but the aircraft (military) does not appear in the MyFlights list. All other flights appear in the list as normal. I have no filters on that I can see and it appears that only military flights are affected. For example, I received an alert for a C130, call sign REACH64, registration 96-1005, with a Mode-S address of ADFEA8. However while the alert notification functioned the aircraft did not appear in the MyFlights list. I was sitting at the computer when the alert came in so the aircraft was still in area (i.e. it did not time out and leave the list.) Any help would be appreciated.

chewycanes

Re: No military aircraft in MyFlights.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:03:26 PM »
Hi
Do you have the 'activate Alerts for Network Flights ' set at the top. If so any network flight alerts will not show in 'my flights'.

Brian

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »
Hello

You may have already checked this but you haven't accidentally clicked the ADS-B only button at the top of the list on the quick filter bar? Try clicking "show all" next to the ADS-B button and see if this helps.

Andrew

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 07:07:47 PM »
Hello Brian

I doubt it will be a network flight if it is military because they seldom use the ADS-B and only ADS-B aircraft show on the network.

Andrew

chewycanes

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
Andrew
You are right.
Brian

ToxtethOGrady

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 07:23:13 PM »
All the other Mode-S flights are on the list. The show all tab has been clicked. It appears that it's only military flights that are affected. I've checked all the filters but I haven't changed anything from before the problem began to occur. It started about the beginning of this week. Military Mode-S flights always showed up before so I can't see what the problem is.

ToxtethOGrady

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 07:26:43 PM »
I failed to mention before that this occurs only on local flights (non-network). All flights received off of the network function properly. In reply to chewycanes, yes the activate network flights is checked.

chewycanes

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 07:35:03 PM »
Hi again.
Have you checked Mylog to see if they are being logged around the time of the alert ?

Brian

ToxtethOGrady

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 08:43:59 PM »
I checked the MyLog. None of the military flights were being logged. I just had a K35R come thru that seemed to work properly. It was logged but none of the earlier military flights that I received alerts for have been logged. I will wait and see if anymore come thru the area. We usually have a decent amount of tanker and C17 traffic.

fossie1

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 07:33:38 AM »
Hi all, I have been receiving military alerts also when they have not been on my flights list or log. This has been happening for the last 2 months, I was getting that many I turned alerts of for military.

Regards

Stephen
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

fossie1

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »
As you can see from attached screen shot the alert was not on my list or log.
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

neroon79

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »
Is it possible, that you have ticked the box "Enable Alerts for Network flights" on the "Alert" configuration page? If this is the case you will get for each network MIL flight. There are a view GAF flights in germany with full/"visible" ADS-B. This flights will appear in the network list and can trigger the mil flight alerts.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

fossie1

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »
Yes I do have the box ticked for network flights and I always had, this only has started to do this in the last 2 months. I am getting all types off military aircraft that's why I find this strange.

Stephen

chewycanes

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 10:01:10 AM »
Hi
I am at a loss as to what happening with you both.

All i can say is that i don't tick network alerts because you get alerts from aircraft such as German Airforce, Italian Airforce and some Canadian Airforce that are 1000's of miles away and these won't be in the myflights or mylog.

I am only really interested in miltary flights myself and all local alerts end up in my flights and mylog.

All i can suggest is it may be worth unticking network alerts for a short period so you know that the alert you are receiving is local and then check myfights & mylog.

Brian

fossie1

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 12:11:52 PM »
I will try that Brian, thanks.

Stephen