AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Network  (Read 9845 times)

ACW367

Re: RadarBox Network
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 10:40:12 AM »
four hours down, neither Airnav Support nor Airnav Dev are currently viewing the forum.  I have emailed the support extenal email, to get their attention.

C152

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 11:34:59 AM »
The Radarspotters forum is down because of heavy thunderstorms in Copenhagen.  Maybe Airnav had had the same problem?  Not sure where the servers are located?

TEDDYBEAR

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
Seems to be up and running again folks

Bryan

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 11:50:03 AM »
This was an unscheduled problem and we've already made some changes to the server monitoring routine so it doesn't happen in the future.

As you may all know we have recently changed the technology behind the RadarBox and AirNav Live Flight Tracker servers: the new one is much more flexible and fast but when technologies change some technical problems might happen: we are here to correct them and make the server more robust.

Again tks for all you interest in RadarBox and we will always be here to fine tune the server until it gets as reliable as before.

Runway 31

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »
I saw the network aircraft at 1739 yesterday, its now at 1837 at this time, new highs

Alan

flymee1939

• Short Empire Class C
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 01:36:21 PM »
Thanks server technos, my navbox is up and running sweetly. All green for go!

Read your reasons, good to know the service is improving as technology develops.

Looking fwd to more enjoyment with navbox 3d
Bring back all is forgiven!

chewycanes

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 03:22:33 PM »
Airnav

Promises Promises Promises

When are we going to see some results.

Before Xmas we had promises of new things and i actual said lets give you the benefit of the doubt. Shiptrax was the current priority and that seems delayed.

But i am wondering whats happening six months on....

When the network went down this morning why was there no post to explain ? All that we had was from the status site that 'support had been informed'.

Updating the servers obviously is a major thing but to say 'it all seems fine' and then we have an outage for so long seems to be a problem and not a glitch.

Promises of new things do not cover the existing problems we have to put up with.

I do not want to put off new users becauses i think the product is excellent but you are messing with existing users who have had to wait for changes that would stop us having to do manual input  every day.

Be straight with us.... We know you are a business and need to keep new business close to you chest but i hope i speak for the general users i am getting ...... with the lack of support/info about when we can have a new release even just to alleviate the current known bugs ....

Sorry for the rant and i don't expect an answer (just the normal excuse) but i just want to let you know that i and hope others are not happy.

Thanks
Brian

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
Hi Brian,

Maintaining the network and developing the network to handle the extra load is not an easy thing to do. In terms of any network there are issues and faults which crop up from time to time. The biggest computer company can't get away from this either. We are doing our best to get back to our normal reliable service and monitoring the server even more closely at the moment.

Once the issue was rectified Development did post as above to explain what had happened.

Regarding the new versions we did state we had a few other priority projects to release (Live Flight Tracker and ShipTrax) The latter will be released shortly and then we are working 100% on RadarBox.

We sincerly apologise for the delay and thank you for your patience.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

chewycanes

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 04:41:39 PM »
Airnav

Thanks for your reply and i understand your difficulty.

Unfortunately i don't get confidence in your comment 'and then we are working 100% on RadarBox'.

Obviously it does not explain how much work has been done so far but i read from this not a lot as two other project have had priority.

I am concerned that it may be another long period (6 months to year )before we see anything.

Here is hoping i am wrong but i am not holding my breath.....

Back to do some editing.......

Thanks
Brian

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
Chewycanes, thanks for your post and we will kindly answer it.
We don't think you understood our explanation properly.

>When the network went down this morning why was there no post to explain?

We explained it on our post: "this was an unscheduled problem". It was not a server downtime because of maintenance so it was impossible to advise the users before.

We have deployed 5 hours ago a new centralized monitoring system and we will keep working to always improve the quality of our products.

Chris11

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 07:30:01 AM »
I am an avid ANRB supporter and still believe it is the best product on the market. My frustration is that there are no minor updates to eliminate some of the simple to fix bugs. Every software product I use has regular updates, most are very minor, but at least, bit by bit, you see issues being resolved. Obviously some issues need major rewrites, database changes, etc that can only come with a major release but I would like to see more regular updates being available. Some you might not even download as the bug fixed is not an irritation to you personally.

On the network being down. The status page seems to be an electronic programmed notification. I would like a forum post saying for example "We have identified the issue and it will take about an hour to fix" or "We are still investigating the issue and we still do not have a timespan" or "We are rebooting the server and we should be up in 15 minutes". Those sort of posts will let me know if I need to find something else to do or if I should read my mail and then get back to ANRB

C152

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »
I havent posted for a while but back in March I was asking if I should buy a radarbox since there were lots of other receivers and I hadnt seen a new Airnav release for a while. From the many responses I felt reassured that something would happen after shiptrax was available in April and decided to wait a while.

Its now July and no Shiptrax and no Radarbox updates.  I held off getting another receiver then but Im not sure I should wait any longer?

As someone said earlier - promises promises promises. 

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
I wouldnt wait to buy a Radarbnox as I dont see what difference waiting would make.  I would like to think that existing users will get a free upgrade as previously.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
We will be locking this post soon if the certain trouble makers continue to post in this thread into promote other products and there own agenda. We have had to remove posts whereby members are promoting other products and have no interest in RardarBox but just to cause trouble on the forum.

We have taken on the points mentioned regarding being more clear when network outages occur and we will do this when we can. In some cases we may not have reliable information to give in regards to when the the server will be back up. This is sometimes the case when issues occur as investigations have to take place.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]