anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update Requests  (Read 862922 times)

Runway 31

Re: Database Update Requests
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 04:32:15 PM »
Hi Jim,

Both are in the d/b.  What do you mean they were not showing completely?

With regards to the update, did you dowload and install it?

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 04:45:48 PM »
Hi Syd,

Just had a look at the d/b and 71025B is included as 743, Lockheed C-130H Hercules, c/n 5235, Saudi Arabia - Air Force.  A check of my database explorer explorer contains the same information.

Are you using the original or current updated database and what information is held in your databse explorer against 71025B?

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 05:43:14 PM »
Alan
I purchased my box some 15 months ago and have not done any work on it since except enjoyed using it. So I have probably not updated the database. When I am missing info I have clicked on the relavent flight to see if any further details emerge. Most time the server updates the info. On the 3 times I tried it today no extra information was forthcoming and I had to use LASSI and GAS to find out what the type and c/n were.
On another matter, which I am still, after a number of weeks, awaiting a reply from Air Nav on, is why I am not getting any newesletters. I have had ust one, last week telling me of an upgrade to 3D, after 15 months of ownership. Perhaps thats all theres been!
Thanks for spending time on me
Jim

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »
Hi Jim,

You will still be using the original databse which has a lot of errors and omissions.

Close down your radarbox.  Go to this link:  http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20110418.exe  and download and install the update.  Open up Radarbox again and the database should be upated.

I have never had any newsletters that I can think of.

Let me know how you get on.

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »
Alan
Thank you for the advice.
I have used the link to download and then used the windows wizard to run the update. When I er-started Air Nav again there didn't seem to be any difference. I tried restarting my computer still no change. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong please
Jim

Runway 31

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 06:54:28 PM »
Hi Jim,

If you download the update it has its own installer not a windows wizard,  You should just press next on the front screen then install on the next screen and it all comes about automatically.

You dont notice anything other than you should have less blank spaces, the changes are made to the databse only nothing else.

To check if it has installed properly,  start up Radarbox and go the the top left of the screen and you should see file, press it and from the drop down list you will see databse explorer, click on it and a box will open up on the screen. At the top of the screen is "select table drop down list, select aircraft, then press "show all" then "add record the screen will then go to the end of the database.  The last line should be 406392 in the left hand bottom box with G-NSKB in the next.  If tha tis the way it is everthing has been istalled OK.

Have a look and let me know.

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
Alan
I have downloaded the database, but it appears in a listing of downloads to my computer. If I click on this I only get the wizard not an Air Nav front screen.
Jim

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 07:21:04 PM »
Its the wizard you want, that is the airnav installer you donr get an airnav from screen.  Go with it pressing the appropriate buttons and it will install itself.  Once it has done so start radarbox and to check it has installed properly follow he steps with databse explorer as per my last post.

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
Alan
Thanks for the advice. I am obviously doing something wrong. I have followed your instructions, firstly the wizard  with run, next going to install and then it states it is extracting the files to application path C:/Programme Files/AirNav Systems/AirNav RadarBox and then a note that it is saving a backup. Finally the wizard states its finished.
I then start Air Nav but when I look at the database my last file is AA1B21 ie not updated.
Have had enough for tonight, as have you had of me probably, so I am going offline after sending this
Thanks for trying to get me through it
Jim

Chris11

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 05:45:12 AM »
471F53 HA-LWL A320-232 c/n 4736 Wizz Air
Thanks to  John H

Runway 31

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2011, 08:22:13 AM »
Cheers Chris

Alan

chewycanes

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
Morning Alan

398068 F-HADI SR22 Aerolithe SARL (from AF)

3C7285 D-ALTE A320 Air Berlin (from AF)

Thanks
Brian

Chris11

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »
Hi
A3E547 N350EX - what is the aircraft type?

Runway 31

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »
Hi Chris,

Its a Found FBA-2C3 Expedition 350.  Have a look at http://www.abpic.co.uk/photo/1215520/

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2011, 09:13:29 AM »
Hi Brian,

D-ALTE is going too or may already be OE-LBW with Austrian Airlines.  It had been flying in Austrian Colours as D-ALTE during May but I only have the Austrian register till 31/5 and its not in it.  Lokking at various sites indicates it is still on the German register so I have added it for the time being as D-ALTE.

Alan