anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB 4.03 Through Belkin USB Hub  (Read 4129 times)

mista uzi

ANRB 4.03 Through Belkin USB Hub
« on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
Gents

I have connected my ANRB through a Belkin USB hub.  Reason for this is distance from the PC in relation to the location of the aerial.

I am getting frequent disconnects running through this configuration

ANRB seems to be the only piece of hardware that has this issue.  I also have connected an iphone via itunes and an alternative SBS receiver also through this hub with no disconnects or no issues.

According to the hub software ANRB is still connected although nothing is decoded and in the ANRB software the hardware shows as disconnected.

Operating system is WIN7 professional X64 and I have installed some alternative drivers for this hub to work on this OS

Thoughts and resoultions appreciated

MU

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: ANRB 4.03 Through Belkin USB Hub
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:36:06 AM »
Hi MU, is this a passive unpowered hub?   I use a Lindy Active 12m USB extension, wich is 100% reliable - it has its own PSU, which supplies the hub and the RB, I found a noticeable improvement using this over the RB being powered by the lap-top, I assume the RB is getting a better power supply.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

mista uzi

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:08:21 AM »
This hub has its own psu

As I say it runs all other devices connected to it 100%.  Excepth the ANRB.  This drops out after abot 30 mins or so continuously

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 12:27:07 PM »
Have you checked the USB power setting in you computer set up?  Also try another USB lead as the supplied one appears to be prone to breakage.

Alan

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
Hi mista uzi, I tried to run RB on my acer 9423 laptop with Vista through a Belkin hub and kept getting blue screens, but only with the RB running. Gave up in the end and hide in the back on my own.
Hope some one that knows what they are talking about more than me can get it going, Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

mista uzi

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 12:02:56 AM »
Have you checked the USB power setting in you computer set up?  Also try another USB lead as the supplied one appears to be prone to breakage.

Alan

Unfortunately the power options are not available via the hub.  Have used different USB cable.
Seems to be an ANRB specific problem.  I have had connected all day two competing units with no drop outs.  One using the same USB cable.

Hi mista uzi, I tried to run RB on my acer 9423 laptop with Vista through a Belkin hub and kept getting blue screens, but only with the RB running. Gave up in the end and hide in the back on my own.
Hope some one that knows what they are talking about more than me can get it going, Dave.

There were some compatibility issues with the hub and WIN7.  I too was getting the blue screen after a few minutes.  A google search revealed this is a known issue and I downloaded an alternative installer.  I run this in Vista compatibility mode and since then no issues with blue screen.
I can only assume that there is an issue with the ANRB

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 12:11:06 AM »
If the RB runs fine when connected to your machine directly then its definitely either the hub (not enough power) or the cable.

Unfourtantely there isn't much else we can do as we don't have similar hub to yours to test.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mista uzi

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
If the RB runs fine when connected to your machine directly then its definitely either the hub (not enough power) or the cable.

Think the issue is with the box itself. 

Have now connected directly to a PC using various USB cables, as I believe the one you supply isn't good enough.  After a short while again the power light remains on but in the software showing as disconnected.

I don't believe not enough power is an issue as I can run a Kinetic SBS and Aurora SSRx through this hub concurrently without any hiccup

[/quote]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:22:57 PM »
If you think the USB interface is not working correctly, contact support using the links in our signature and we can arrange a return.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]