AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UBox ?  (Read 4729 times)

AIRNAVan

UBox ?
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »
hello,

I'm buying a AirNav Radar Box and would like to know has anyone used one of these UBoxes . I would prefer to use this device instead of USB cable . I have the SBS Ethernet Adaptor  for my SBS1 which works fine as my box is some distance from the antenna.

I know that ML&S sell the UBox but does anyone know of any other sellers , any in the US . Exchange rate is great at the moment.

regards

Tony

reign1

Re: UBox ?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:15:33 PM »
Hi, I have just ordered a Ubox 2100 from http://www.alphamicro.net/ in the UK. Cost £78 + £12 delivery + vat. A bit cheaper than the above mentioned supplier.  Cheers John.

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 01:24:12 PM »
Hi Tony,

I have two RBs and one of them connected with Ubox 2100 and the other one with Ubox 4100. One of this sets in Sao Paulo and the other one in Buenos Aires.
Both are working fine.

Best regards. Juan

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 01:37:30 PM »
I forgot to mention that in Sao Paulo I have connected trough Ubox one RB and one SBS-1, both working fine.
I intended to let here in Buenos Aires a RB 24 X 7, but I have serius problems with the broadband connection since here the provider is Telefonida de Argentina
that obviously is not a serius company, and in 40 days did not even appeared someone to my home to put the conncetion to work, symply the call center jokes with the customer.... promises everyday that ¨..today will be fixed...¨ And necer someone appears here, letting me wait at home for more than two weeks...
Obviously I am fed up with all this useless services from Telefonica and I am afraid that will not be possible to let RB here (Buenos Aires) 24 X 7 due to very low quality os comunucatios services in Argentina.
The opposite happens in Sao Paulo (Brazil) where I have the RB 24 X 7 and SBGR Live tower on my site all the time on internet.

Best regards. Juan

dchainey

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:39:40 AM »
 Can someone explain what these UBoxes are for? I assume you can feed the USB signal into a network via the ethernet port? Do you then need to run the ANRB software on other computers to analyze the signal? If you are running a discrete network , is there any advantage to this method over VNC drivers?

DaveC

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »
How they work is simpley this.
You put one on the network plug in any USB device to it. You then install the Ubox software on any machine on the network and it will see the USB devices as if they are plugged in to that machine.

So you can have what ever usb device you like on any machine on the network.

Clever buggers have made them work over the internet by allocating a static IP adress to them so you can use your device from any where in the world.

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S

AIRNAVan

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:21:48 PM »
hello,

thanks for the replies, still waiting for my RB ,fingers crossed it will be in it's way soon. reign1 I'll check out that link thanks.

Tony

dchainey

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:25 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

DaveC