anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: President Obama  (Read 2033 times)

sasa1000

President Obama
« on: May 29, 2011, 09:10:27 AM »
Checked my log for yesterday and see I picked up President Obamas 747 which I can only assume is Airforce 1, though nothing identifies it as that with callsign etc, also a smaller Boeing C-32A in same livery. Is this a decoy flight? I have heard that 2 flights are in air at same time.

sasa1000

Re: President Obama
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 09:17:24 AM »
Just read the posts in interesting aircraft about these planes, a bit confusing them going out over Ireland from Dublin. For me to pick them up they would need to pass over the NE/N of Scotland/Orkney/Shetland.

chewycanes

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 09:45:51 AM »
Hi sasa000

They departed north of the UK going home last night that why you picked them up.

They came into Dublin on an official visit then to London, Paris and i think Poland then home.

As for 'decoy' flight its more of a back-up than a decoy because the callsign is AF1 if the president is aboard.

Brian

sasa1000

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 10:03:31 AM »
Hi Brian, thanks for that info. That explains how I picked them up.

I have read since posting that the other flight probably carried press people etc.

Thanks again.

Sandy

chewycanes

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
Hi Sandy
He actually used the back-up plane to go to France (Deauville) and i believe from reports that it was because the runway is shorter so his normal aircraft could not be used.

The back-up aircarft going home i also read was callsign SAM93.

Brian

Hoff12

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Press reports confirm that he used a 757 to get from Stansted to Deauville for the G8 summit. He then flew from Deauville to Orly on the 757 where he changed to the normal 747. From there he headed to Poland.