AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 2008 - V1.5 - Ready for Download  (Read 59914 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: RadarBox 2008 - V1.5 - Ready for Download
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2008, 07:41:55 PM »
AirNav,

I have just been looking back at the time of the freezing yesterday and note that the time that RB froze was 4 hours after I had started a recording going. I did not realise the significance until re-reading this thread, plus I wanted to replay the recording I made and I do not appear to have one. I had started it running just before midday to record the A380 and had not stopped it running when I went to work and the PC had crashed when I got home.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »
Roadrunner,

Ok no prob. Run RadarBox today without running or saving a using the recorder and get back to us.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2008, 07:45:03 PM »
So I believe we are getting into conclusions: all the users that report Freezing problems please DO NOT RUN the application recording feature. Let us know if the freezes continue with recording Off.

As I told you we have our best programmer on stby to start working in case this is not the cause of the problems. Thanks for all your help and I'm sure we will quickly solve this! Teamwork does it better. :-)

Roadrunner

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2008, 07:48:09 PM »
Roadrunner,

Ok no prob. Run RadarBox today without running or saving a using the recorder and get back to us.

I can confirm that it has run from 07:00 to - still running without a problem :-).

I can also confirm that my Internet connection dropping out during this afternoon did NOT stop RB from  running - OK I lost the Network but the local operation continued. I had to stop RB while I rebooted my system to get my internet back but otherwise no problems.

steveb25

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2008, 08:13:33 PM »
Can confirm that i had 3 freezes early on in the day.
didn't have networking on.
turned sharing off
seemed to sort its self out!

prbflight

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »
Contrary to my earlier remark that I have not had any freezes with ver 1.5 I must now report that I have had my system freeze and 'not responding'  at least 6 times over the last 24 hours.  I have this problem when I run with the network connected.  While at work all day today I ran with no network connected and when I got home there was not problems and RB was running fine.  I must also say that regardless of having the network connected or not I am always recording as I also run PlanePlotter.

Paul

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2008, 04:20:59 AM »
Prbflight: can you try to run it for one day without recording? (network could on or off as you wish).
We are seriously suspecting that it's the recording feature that is causing these troubles.

prbflight

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2008, 04:44:47 AM »
I will start running now 04:43:14 UTC for the next 24 hours with the network connected and no recording.  I should also mention that I always run with AirNav ACARS Decoder 2 connected.  I will leave it connected for this test. Stay tuned.

Paul
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 04:49:21 AM by prbflight »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2008, 05:04:17 AM »
Thanks for your post. Try to run it:
1- With network;
2- No recorder;
3- No ACARS;

(so the only difference to what you wrote is to stop the ACARS connection).

prbflight

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2008, 05:17:51 AM »
Roger Wilco...no ACARS connection for the next 24 hours.

Paul

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:59 AM »
I suspect that recording might still be an issue.  I often run PlanePlotter in the background reading the RadarBox recorded file.  Often, when I go to look at PlanePlotter, it has stopped showing the RadarBox tracks.  RadarBox is stil running fine, but the recording file is no longer being updated.

As I said, RadarBox continues to run OK, but maybe the recording failing is something to do with the problems that some people are having.

Overall, I'm very happy with V1.5.  It runs all day on the laptop without an internet connection, and it's as solid as a rock on the main PC with Internet :-)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2008, 08:07:38 AM »
Okay, I ran for the last 24 hours without recording, and NO lockups.  Will continue to run without recording for the next few days.   No Planeplotter though :(

Roadrunner

« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2008, 11:50:56 AM »
I have just run mine this morning from 08:00 to 10:00 no problems. From 11:00 to 11:33 recording and I am getting grey patches on the screen and locked up. Switched off and restarted without recording and so far so good :-)

Vistas set-up

Mike

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
Yes I think, we have it pinned down as a recorder issue. Thanks for all your help guys.

Hope you get an idea on how hard it is to pinpoint misbehaving functions when there is soo many and so many different setups.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bee46

• leerdam radar
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2008, 12:47:27 PM »
Now I am running 1.5 for a few hours, and as far I can see there are no problems anymore, the rb screen is not slow anymore, no freezing anymore, and I experienced no other problems at this time, AIRNAV thnks for all the good work