anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 2008 - V1.5 - Ready for Download  (Read 59926 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: RadarBox 2008 - V1.5 - Ready for Download
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2008, 10:59:17 AM »
Roadrunner,

Do a little test for us when you run it tomoz:

1.) Close anything else running in the background, yes I mean antirvirus and any software firewalls.
2.) Run RadarBox and do not start recording function
3.) Also if you are using USB extentions then just use the default

If anything happens such as a crash pm or email and us and we will get to you to send your elf file so we can see whats going wrong on your pc.

AirNav, I will try your little test later today when I am not so busy with other things.

The tests I have done :

1 Running Visata but without selecting Run As Administrator - it crashes.

2 Running Vista but selecting Run As Administrator - it has been running for 4 hours with Network running and all my PC security intact.

3 I am only running RadaBox on this PC - obviously I have my USB Internet connection running and Virgin Broadband PCGuard as my only PC protection.

I do think that telling people to switch everything else off and to also switch off the firewalls etc is not really a solution. I want to run other programs alongside RB and I expect to be able to do so. I have had RB, SBS1, GAS, FD6 Mil_log and PP all running on my other PC on occassions and NOTHING stopped working - but that was v1.3.

I cant use Radarbox if I cant run the other applications I need that are on my PC. If you cant get it to work with all base platforms then it will have to go..........

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 11:35:22 AM »
Roadrunner,

I don't think that the AirNav test request was suggested as a solution, merely a temporary test to rule out other factors that might be causing problems :-)

Roadrunner

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
OK Allocator,

I am just a little disapointed. I have had RB since June 07 and all alomg I haqve been waiting for the definitive version that works as it says on the box!  I was so convinced that v1,4 would be it that I spent money on a new base unit to run it.....
Oh well I suppose I have all the time in the world to wait for something, and so far today, just remaining in Administrator role, it has performed since 07:00 without a problem - and I have not switched http://anything off!

steveb25

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2008, 12:52:58 PM »
Guys I have to agree with Roadrunner

Testing or not testing, to run without virus protection could be causing yourself a lot of problems.

While i appreciate that Airnav are trying to produce a solution, they are asking you to do some dodgy requests

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2008, 01:07:42 PM »
We have now up to 1500 users and this issue is only happening to less than 5% of them. We are doing our best to correct it but of course we do not control how the various Windows versions, drivers and computer hardware performs in different conditions.

We will continue to do our best to correct them.
In the meanwhile and after asking yesterday for the contacts of all the users that have this problem, we have received only one...

DaveG

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
Think you've hit it on the head.

It's impossible to predict how things will work in different systems because of what they could have installed and how they are setup/updated.  This is why most large companies have contracts with IT suppliers to provide the same spec desktops and imaged drives to ensure the same standard of configuration on all their systems (NHS as an example), easy to support and implement new software into the systems.

I think to only have less than 5% with the problem is very good and I'm sure with some checking by those users something in common maybe found!

Keep up the good work.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2008, 01:27:32 PM »
Roadrunner: with so many problems why haven't you contacted us directly as request by us so our programmers can be in direct contact with you?
There is no point of posting 10+ messages to this forum without doing nothing to correct them.

We are still waiting the PM messages from users with problems otherwise nothing can be done.

PS: regarding steve25, we have your contact tks and you we will be in touch in 1-2 days.

At the time I write 70% of our users connected to the network upgraded to V1.5 and almost all of them have the application running without any problem. We have to find out which is causing the freezes on the above mentioned users but without your interest we cannot do anything.

steveb25

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2008, 04:07:19 PM »
Thanks Airnav

Please keep up the good work. As i'm in this business also, I appreciate the problems with configuration issues as much as you guys do.

We will get there in the end with everybody's help and the product is brilliant, just a few teething problems

stevejerome

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2008, 04:09:12 PM »
Roadrunner,

Just one thought, but I use to have Virgin's broadband anti-virus protection and it was very flaky and caused problems with some of my applications.  

Although i don't have my ANRB yet, I switched to AVG anti-virus and Zone Alarm (both free versions), and have been fine since.

Just a thought.

Steve

Roadrunner

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2008, 04:43:33 PM »
Roadrunner: with so many problems why haven't you contacted us directly as request by us so our programmers can be in direct contact with you?
There is no point of posting 10+ messages to this forum without doing nothing to correct them.

We are still waiting the PM messages from users with problems otherwise nothing can be done.

PS: regarding steve25, we have your contact tks and you we will be in touch in 1-2 days.

At the time I write 70% of our users connected to the network upgraded to V1.5 and almost all of them have the application running without any problem. We have to find out which is causing the freezes on the above mentioned users but without your interest we cannot do anything.

I did send you a private mail to your support address and I was told by you that you were replying to me via the forum - make up your mind what you want.....

Roadrunner

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2008, 04:46:37 PM »
Roadrunner,

Just one thought, but I use to have Virgin's broadband anti-virus protection and it was very flaky and caused problems with some of my applications. 

Although i don't have my ANRB yet, I switched to AVG anti-virus and Zone Alarm (both free versions), and have been fine since.

Just a thought.

Steve

Virgins PC Guard is on all my PC's and is also free. I have run all other versions of RB from the first issue up to 1.3 without any problems and it does not cause problems to any of the other programs I have.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2008, 04:50:07 PM »
Copied. Pls send me a PM with your email so make things easier and faster.
Our task force is formed and our best programmer will be in direct contact with you in 1-2 days. Just send me that PM.

doro

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2008, 07:05:50 PM »
Both machines worked fine since install more than 24hr.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
So until now we have:

Windows Freezing problems, 4 users:
Roadrunner
steveb25
CarlosAbreu
tarbat

Scrolling through dropdown menus is very slow, 3 users:
defcon333
Marinus
jasper37

Can you confirm this? Any more users please report to us and we will contact you regarding the tests being made.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2008, 07:32:49 PM »
Confirm I've had window freezing just once - last night.  I've been running without recording all day, and will do so tonight, but so far no freezing.