AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 2008 - V1.5 - Ready for Download  (Read 59653 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox 2008 - V1.5 - Ready for Download
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »
Roadrunner,

Do a little test for us when you run it tomoz:

1.) Close anything else running in the background, yes I mean antirvirus and any software firewalls.
2.) Run RadarBox and do not start recording function
3.) Also if you are using USB extentions then just use the default

If anything happens such as a crash pm or email and us and we will get to you to send your elf file so we can see whats going wrong on your pc.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 08:07:28 PM »
I have installed the latest patch and I have had a Not Responding message and a white screen within 15 minutes of starting when connected to the internet. Still runs ok when not using the network.

Runnning Vista too and have no problems with the start or with slow response to drop down menus

ChrisGR

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 08:40:10 PM »
Hey AirNav team etc,  give to us a 3d map like AirNav Suite.

Please please please
and i do forget everything about RB small problems. -:)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »
You have it! In fact the map base is the same. Just go to the "map projection" icon and click Spherical map.

Regarding the above mentioned crashes: we have been receiving reports on our support during the day mentioning the excellent stability of V1.5. On our computers it runs nonstop for several days. It has to do with some kind of software or hardware some users have. We will not give up and will investigate what may cause that.

At this time 60% of the users connected to our network already upgraded to V1.5. This is great news.

markyeulett

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 09:03:18 PM »
I have had v1.5 running (nearly) constantly since Saturday with XP SP2 and running other programmes along side.  As yet everything seems stable for me and I have certainly had no SQL Lite failures which is what I was experiencing before.  So I can see others are having a few glitches but fingers crossed the SQL Lite error appears to have been solved :-)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
I have installed the latest patch and I have had a Not Responding message and a white screen within 15 minutes of starting when connected to the internet. Still runs ok when not using the network.

Runnning Vista too and have no problems with the start or with slow response to drop down menus

Wayne, a silly question, but are you really sure that you are running with the new ANRB.exe file?  Have you put it in the right place?

If you are a computer geek, please accept my apologies and I'll go and hide :-)  Sometimes it's worth checking even the simple things.

I know this, as I did run completely the wrong version of RadarBox for a while during beta testing.  I just couldn't understand why I was getting problems I thought were fixed 2 versions ago ..........

ChrisGR

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2008, 09:40:10 PM »
Thank you for the info
I know about RB map and globe option, but the one of Suite is piece of art compared to this poor cousin in 3th picture.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5980/map3dhp2.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1971/2map3dzl5.jpg

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4548/1mapnj3.jpg

Also not have auto rotation etc.
You think about it in a new future version please -:)

Wayne

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 09:57:40 PM »
Allocator

Well I do work with computers but the more ORACLE industrial stuff and maybe you are right to ask as myself and PC are not that compatible ! However I did download the exe from the link , it's definately a .exe and 1.99 MB (2,089,472 bytes) and is in the 2008 directory. I have the distance and bearing info in the footer of the screen so I reckon it's all installed properly.

Having said that RB has been running now just short of 2 hours and no problems and the network is definately connected.

Allocator

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
You can have it whatever colour you like :-)

Mine auto-rotates.  See Map|Autorotate

Below: Link to full size image:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2356/2345627141_50dc6e6e3e_o.jpg

Allocator

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »
Allocator

Well I do work with computers but the more ORACLE industrial stuff and maybe you are right to ask as myself and PC are not that compatible ! However I did download the exe from the link , it's definately a .exe and 1.99 MB (2,089,472 bytes) and is in the 2008 directory. I have the distance and bearing info in the footer of the screen so I reckon it's all installed properly.

Having said that RB has been running now just short of 2 hours and no problems and the network is definately connected.

OK Wayne, it all sounds OK so it does look you are running the latest version.  I should stick with it and report any problems here and direct to AirNav Support as I'm sure they will want to get them sorted.

All the best

Allocator

ChrisGR

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2008, 10:06:32 PM »
My apologies for auto rotate. You have right.
I'm under breezer :) sorry for that.
But the labels is totally different on two maps, right?

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
Hi to all

After the update to ANRB.exe file I turn on the ANRB network and the freeze problem back up again...
This means that my ANRB only works fine with teh network turn off.

However, today I bought a new PC with Windows Vista and during next weekend I'm going to install it.

I will come back to you after I have some conclusion about ANRB performance in the new machine.

Brgds
CA

Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)

Allocator

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2008, 10:11:11 PM »
But the labels is totally different on two maps, right?

Yes Chris, you are right about the labels.  You can't zoom out as far and still see the labels in RadarBox.  I see your point.

ChrisGR

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »
The last thing about
Also in Suite has a very smooth rotation, not like frame by frame on RB
have clear trail lines, and a don't know how clearest outlines in zooming.
Any way i hope in the future AirNav fix that.
-:)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 10:45:28 PM »
All the users that report a freeze/lookup should send an IM (instant message) to me with their email address. We are creating a task force here to do some trials and we would like you to, day by day, send you patches to do some tests.

As told before this is a very difficult to correct error, totally Operating Systems/Windows related (the way it deals with threads). Waiting for you messages.