AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Will I lose alot of signal if I split the airnav antenna between 2 devices?  (Read 3411 times)

Johnn

• Y'ello
Johnn -

Aerotower

Use a spliter and not a T, so do not lose signal.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:14:57 PM by Aerotower »

MW0CVW

Johnn,

You will lose some signal if you connect two devices to the same antenna.

Martin Lynch has the following item or check web.

The SP – 3 (RF Systems) splitter makes it possible to connect two receivers simultaneously to one wideband- or VHF-UHF output of an indoorunit. Both receivers operate if they are connected to their own antenna.

The high isolation of this splitter assures that both receivers are completely separated: there is no mutual influence such as signal loss or birdies generated from one receiver into the other. The frequency range of the SP – 3 covers 10 MHz – 2500 MHz.

This will stop any interaction between the two receivers and keep loss as low as possible.

There will be some signal loss but thats price you have to pay.

Good quality coax and connectors must be use at all times.

Regards

Paul Mw0cvw EGGP/EGNR

Thehall

You will lose some signal if you connect two devices to the same antenna.

Martin Lynch has the following item or check web.

The SP – 3 (RF Systems) splitter makes it possible to connect two receivers simultaneously to one wideband- or VHF-UHF output of an indoorunit. Both receivers operate if they are connected to their own antenna.

The high isolation of this splitter assures that both receivers are completely separated: there is no mutual influence such as signal loss or birdies generated from one receiver into the other. The frequency range of the SP – 3 covers 10 MHz – 2500 MHz.

This will stop any interaction between the two receivers and keep loss as low as possible.

There will be some signal loss but thats price you have to pay.

If anybody is interested in a SP3 Splitter, I have a secondhand one for sale.

Johnn

• Y'ello
Am I right in thinking with a splitter I could have radarbox and a scanner off of one antenna? ( Both of which work off the same antenna well)
Thanks
Johnn -

Evanelpus

I don't think the RadarBox antenna is designed for use with a scanner so it could be academic.

Runway 31

I dont think it would be a good idea to use the one antenna for both radarbox and radio.  Radarbox is better using one dedicated to 1090Mhz and radio 108-136Mhz.

Alan

Evanelpus

I think Alan has summed it up better than I did, that's what I meant to say

Johnn

• Y'ello
Thanks for all the answers!
Johnn -