anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible Patch Release?  (Read 21857 times)

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
Re: Possible Patch Release?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 05:18:33 PM »
It's ok, I'm an MSCE

I've just turned it on again and it's deleted all of the alerts for me, unticked all of the check boxes and removed the link to the wav!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
pwfu a couple of questions:
1. What operating system.
2. What installation path.

Losing settings that are stored in the Registry could be a problem associated with UAC/Virtual Store.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
It's just a standard XP SP3 installation, so installed the usual way

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
Airnav ~ Please let me know what the registry checkbox items are for the pop up and email alerts.

This has been going on for over a month now, and you've done very little to help

Many thanks to everybody else that has chipped in with suggestions though, it's very much appreciated

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »
pwfu,

As suggested we do not advice playing with the registry settings and won't mention the details on the forum as a few customers who may not have enough knowledge of the registry might follow them and cause more problems and blame us. You can contact us directly and we will be able to give you more details with the warnings associated.

What we have suggested first is that you add a few alerts and check whether the functionality is working fine with just a few. If that is the case we can confirm the alerts are working but either the amount of rules you have set up are too many or there is a mistake in the list causing problems. 
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 09:45:01 AM »
And I pointed out that i'm an MSCE, so could you please stop wasting my time and PM the details please?

I asked on the forum over 2 years ago about the alert limits and you told me that there wasn't really one.

I also replied to your post about reducing the alerts and pointed out that the next time that I ran the box they had dsisapeard

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2011, 10:00:46 AM »
As with anything you save to the registry there will be limits said if you enter more than 255 characters. We never anticipated customers would be using the alerts system for many alerts such as you have described.

We will get a support team to send you the details to registry.
[email protected]

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2011, 10:12:35 AM »
Many thanks, I'd very much appreciate it if you could make sure that that's done pretty soon

Incidentally, I used to have over a thousand aircraft in my alerts and it worked fine. The system was very slow, but it worked none the less

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2011, 10:26:15 PM »
Airnav ~ Please let me know what the registry checkbox items are for the pop up and email alerts.

Whilst I'm not Airnav, I thought I'd already given you the link to information about where these are stored in the Registry - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6136.msg66145#msg66145

Why did I bother :(

EDIT: In case you can't follow the link:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\memo3text and others
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 06:53:46 AM by tarbat »

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2011, 02:53:01 PM »
Sorry tarbat, I was reading on my bb and missed the link

The setting that control if the email and pop up alerts aren't controlled by the registry though

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 10:57:40 AM »
Airnav,

It's now been over 2 months since this has been going on and still no resolution

Your last message to me asked me to try something and get back to you which i did within 10 minutes, and 2 and half weeks later I'm still waiting for a response.

So far all of your suggestions have been at worst intellectually insulting, at best shown that you haven't bothered reading what I've been telling you

I appreciate that it's not possible to test in every environment and that things like this can happen, but as a customer I expect that you at least take an interest in why it's not working as it should and try and help

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »
Hi Sir,

We have been in contact with you regarding the problem and have tried to help. We did provide you with extra registry details that we usually don't do. We didn't ignore the issue and have tried to suggest items and tests. We are sorry that you felt some of our ideas were insulting but we deal with customers who little computer knowledge and have to start with the basics.

Regarding this issue, we haven't been able to replicate the problems you are having.

The important thing you have to understand is that the software was working fine on your older machine and even your current one for a few days. This shows the software is fine and working correctly and so are our servers. The only item which could have changed is either your input (the alert reg etc..) containing characters or spaces. (We did ask you to enter only a few and test etc..) Or something has changed on your machine causing it to affect the RadarBox software, though you didn't mention any software changes on your machine.

The latter item is very hard for us to replicate, there is very little for us to go on and it makes it very hard for us to find the issue.   
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 01:48:49 PM »
pwfu, it might be useful to export the registry entries, and post the file as an attachment so we can see if there's anything unusual about your alerts setup.  Export everything from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB and post as a text attachment and I'll take a look.

EDIT: Best to edit out the registration details in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\Registration