anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Possible Patch Release?  (Read 21847 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Possible Patch Release?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 05:48:53 PM »
Is anyone else having problems with alerts?  I ask as I would have thought that if there was an issue with alerts everyone who uses them would be suffering the same problem.

No problem with alerts here.  Email alerts received okay, alert box pops up okay.

I would suspect something to do with the original posters reported re-install of the software.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 12:59:42 PM »
Another week has gone by, and yet still no support?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »
The email issues with alert emai reports was rectified with the server changes. We haven't had any further complaints since then regarding emails.

If your alerts are not be displayed or picked up please check that there are no gaps between the details you entered in the alerts. Try removing some if you are unsure and entering details of an aircraft which is already on your screen to confirm its working. The enter the rest of your alerts carefully.

We have had a few cases where customers are entering a large amount of alerts, in these cases occasionaly alerts will get missed if you are being alerted every 2 seconds.

If it doens't work pwfu, can you send us a screenshot of what your alert tab looks like and we will try entering the same and running some tests.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
Thank you

The email alert issue that you fixed has nothing to do with the issue that I'm having.

Also, I should be getting about 10 alerts a day. The audio alert picks everything up, yet there's no pop up or email.

Will email a screenshot later after I've finished rebuilding the laptop once more

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 09:57:25 AM »
Screen shot now attached.

Same thing happened after reinstall of entire system. Works fine until reboot. The only other thing installed is TeamViewer, nothing else at all.

Thanks

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 10:30:51 AM »
Any more thoughts Airnav?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 10:46:52 AM »
How long is your list of registrations? Does look like a large number, it may be over the limit.
[email protected]

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 11:12:38 AM »
Of the top of my head I can't answer, but it's the same list that's been running on the previous box since 2008

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 01:10:53 PM »
Of the top of my head I can't answer, but it's the same list that's been running on the previous box since 2008

Did you type all the registrations in yourself, or did you copy/paste from somewhere else?  If the latter, maybe there's some invalid hidden characters in there somewhere.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 01:16:07 PM »
Thanks tarbat. It comes from the same Access query that's been populating it for the last 2 years.

I run it through a commercially available aircraft database, then an enthusiast database as well, and always read through it line by line before I paste it in, so I'd be very surprised if there were some invalid characters.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 02:52:55 PM »
Can somebody please let me know what the registry settings are for the pop up email alerts are please?

I did ask this back in April on the forum but didn't get a response. It looks like the 'checkbox' items, but if somebody can let me know then I can go ahead and manually edit the registry

Thanks

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 03:47:50 PM »
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5328.msg53390#msg53390

I run it through a commercially available aircraft database, then an enthusiast database as well, and always read through it line by line before I paste it in, so I'd be very surprised if there were some invalid characters.

Invalid characters could also include a CR/LF type sequence (for example).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 03:53:16 PM by tarbat »

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 03:56:57 PM »
I understand that, but like I say, nothing has changed in the query at all. But thanks for the suggestion, appreciate you trying to help

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 03:59:16 PM »
I understand that, but like I say, nothing has changed in the query at all. But thanks for the suggestion, appreciate you trying to help

No problem.  Suggest you try the link to registry information then.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 04:22:43 PM »
Be careful with the registry settings, we don't like giving those details out as it could cause more trouble than its worth.

I would suggest removing half of the registrations your alerting to and check whether it then works correctly. This could be case of the amount or the characters in the list.
[email protected]