AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes Reversed  (Read 38917 times)

Runway 31

Re: Routes Reversed
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2011, 04:07:07 PM »
Yes Chris, I have the network on and route updates ticked,

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2011, 04:10:05 PM »
Okay, I just did some more testing and I'm 99% sure this is being caused by corrupted routes being sent out on the network.  Remember, when a network aircraft transitions to hardware reception, it keeps the route information from the network, it doesn't use the route from navdata routes table.

Airnav, you need to focus on fixing the route information being sent out on the network.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:14:55 PM by tarbat »

bratters

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2011, 04:15:05 PM »
Okay, I just did some more testing and I'm 99% sure this is being caused by corrupted routes being sent out on the network.  Remember, when a network aircraft transitions to hardware reception, it keeps the route information from the network, it doesn't use the route from navdata routes table.

So where do the corrupted network routes orginate tarbat?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
So where do the corrupted network orginate tarbat?

My guess is in the server software routines that Airnav use to do route lookup on network aircraft on their central server.

Runway 31

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2011, 04:17:32 PM »
Just got DLH4YL inbound Edinburgh from Frankfurt.  D/b Explorer is blank apart from the timestamp of 201103027144912.

Myflights is showing Hamburg-Frankfurt which is wrong.

I just had a crash of Airnav and on starting up again the ANZ1 and BAW269 are now showing the correct route details

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2011, 04:18:59 PM »
Alan, were they received on your local hardware BEFORE the network populated?  The corrupted routes are coming from the Airnav central server, NOT from your local navdata database.  But if the aircraft is received on your local hardwarw BEFORE appearing on the network, the route data is retrieved from your local navdata database.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:20:43 PM by tarbat »

sted

« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2011, 04:22:52 PM »
Alan, were they received on your local hardware BEFORE the network populated?  The corrupted routes are coming from the Airnav central server, NOT from your local navdata database.  But if the aircraft is received on your local hardwarw BEFORE appearing on the network, the route data is retrieved from your local navdata database.

That's exactly what I can observe on my machine as well.

bratters

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »
So where do the corrupted network orginate tarbat?

My guess is in the server software routines that Airnav use to do route lookup on network aircraft on their central server.

Well if the Airnav central server is as bad as it was when so many of us switched it off and started using FDL, then is it reasonable to assume that network flights have been showing wrong route information for ages?

(Not having Network I can't check this for myself)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »
Well if the Airnav central server is as bad as it was when so many of us switched it off and started using FDL, then is it reasonable to assume that network flights have been showing wrong route information for ages?

(Not having Network I can't check this for myself)

Using FDL doesn't change what routes get put on network flights.  Turning off route population doesn't change what routes get put on network flights.  The routes on network flights get sent with the flight itself from Airnav's central server.  When a network flight transitions to a local flight, the corrupted route gets used.

It looks like Airnav have changed something in the software on their central server that processes network flights.  It appears to be using the route data from the previous flight of the aircraft.  Just my guesswork, maybe Airnav can confirm this diagnosis.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 04:31:17 PM by tarbat »

sted

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »
Glad to see that this long persisting bug gets finally nailed!

bratters

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 04:33:57 PM »
Yes yes I follow that but what I'm suggesting is that the airnav server has been churning out bad routes for ages, therefore this problem should not just have surfaced?

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »
Hello

This isn't a long persisting bug. There have always been issues with routes but this is a separate issue that started within the last 24-48 hours.

Andrew

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
Yes yes I follow that but what I'm suggesting is that the airnav server has been churning out bad routes for ages, therefore this problem should not just have surfaced?

You're confusing the route lookup routines (that deliver route data to local PCs) and the network aircraft server routines.

I don't think the airnav server is churning out any more bad routes than normal.  What this bug is about is the Airnav server assigning route data to all network flights based on the previous flight of that aircraft.  Test this by:

1. Turn hardware off.
2. Turn network on.
3. See all the corrupted routes (100's).
4. Turn network off.
5. Turn hardware on.
6. See correct routes.

Runway 31

« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2011, 04:40:59 PM »
I dont know Chris, they were populated before I noted them but I would go along with what you are stating with the exception that I wouldnt agree with the previous flight data being used.  Take ANZ1, its previous flight took it to Heathrow yet it is showing Auckland-Melbourne and it would have reached Heathrow from New Zealand without going to Australia, whether it went east or west.

My observation on the routes before this started is that I thought the routes were being processed quite well with the odd blip but I dont pay particular attention to them as my main priority is the aircraft itself.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2011, 04:43:04 PM »
I dont know Chris, they were populated before I noted them but I would go along with what you are stating with the exception that I wouldnt agree with the previous flight data being used.  Take ANZ1, its previous flight took it to Heathrow yet it is showing Auckland-Melbourne and it would have reached Heathrow from New Zealand without going to Australia, whether it went east or west.

You may be right Alan.  I was just guessing that maybe the corrupted route data was the previous flight.  We need Airnav to confirm how this corruption of routes for network aircraft is happening on their server.

I suspect this response from Airnav may explain the corruption:

2.) We have uploaded data from other sources recently to our online database. We will check to see whether this has been corrupted, can you also confirm its new data which is looking strange (the row will a timestamp) ?