anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes Reversed  (Read 38910 times)

fossie1

Routes Reversed
« on: April 24, 2011, 11:44:15 AM »
Hi All

All my routes seem to be in reverse order, is anyone else having this problem today?

Thanks

Stephen
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: Routes Reversed
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:31:17 PM »
Would it be the summer timetables?
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

fossie1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 02:17:03 PM »
I think it has happened since installing the new Database update.

Stephen
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

EK01

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 02:29:34 PM »
Strangely enough I have noticed that today as well with several routes.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:05:45 PM »
Wondered when the Navdata would get the blame, if in doubt blame the Navdata.  The Navdata changes amend the data held on aircraft nothing else.

A far better bet would be crap routings being put onto the server since the summer timetables came into effect.  The ones I am seeing on Myflights are heading in the correct direction, wrong route possibly in some cases but the correct direction.  I have been running Flight Display to update the routes and hopefully it they should settle down over time.

Alan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:16:15 PM by Runway 31 »

Roland28

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
There are incorrect routes also. I am currently looking at a flight that had flown overhead, SHT12N which is actually flying EGLL - EGNT (Newcastle), but it is being displayed as EGLL- EGPF. SHT8C is currently passing on it's way to Edinburgh EGPH, it is being displayed as EGCC - EGLL. I also updated to the new navdata a couple of days ago.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 03:36:33 PM by Roland28 »

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
Roland, read my reply above.  Incorrect routes are not a new thing.

Alan

Alan

johnboy

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 04:18:03 PM »
Flight just passing over heading north to cross the pond.
flight info from bangalore (VOBL) to London(EGLL) something wrong somewhere!

bratters

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2011, 04:44:38 PM »

The Navdata changes amend the data held on aircraft nothing else.

Hi Alan - can you re-confirm the above please? I have resisted downloading this latest offering as the previous ones played merry hell with my routes.

Thanks.

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2011, 04:54:03 PM »
Hi Bratters

Still the same answer as the last time.

Unfortunately althought the Navdata only changed aircraft data, everything else such as routes which you have that you have changed manually will be deleted, so as your route info is precious to you, dont update.  Airnav didnt put any route data on the update, only the aircraft data changed and it was the same for at least the last update and possibly/probably the one before.  

With the current Navdata/Airnav version, change one thing change everything and it will be this way until we get the next Airnav version.

If you want to keep your routes which you have updated/amemded manually dont update as they wil be deleted.

The routes have been a bone of contention from day one well before any Navdata updates and the changes made by airlines at the start of the summer and winter schedules dont help. They are eventaully updated in the servers as time goes by by Airnav receiving updates from the resources they use.  For anyone new to the forum there are plenty of previous thread refering to routes which cover this subject.

Alan
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 05:11:48 PM by Runway 31 »

bratters

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
Many thanks Alan - I've done tolerably well with FDL, certainly well enough that I'm not inclined to jeopardise what I've compiled. 

A bit of a pain, this piecemeal approach to updating and not satisfactory IMO.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 06:30:16 PM »
After the very first update, I asked AirNav if they could incorporate a question in the routine about which tables we want to update. I lose my precious Airlines table, everyone loses their routes.

I've discovered the SQLite Manager FireFox addon which allows me to re-import my old tables into the updated NavData file, but it's a pain, and a bit scary. I do wish they would address this by the next update.

Rod
Rod

grahamteale

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 06:48:29 PM »
It is a poor situation. I have just noticed flight RYR 8074 supposedly from EBCI to LIPE but actually from GMTT to EBCI. How ridiculous!! And I cant even overwrite it for following days.
Any advice on overwriting welcome.

GulfTraveller

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2011, 06:52:13 PM »
The routes appear correctly in the Database Explorer but are being either reversed or completely corrupted on the display. Switching off hardware processing/network processing and restarting corrects the problem temporarily.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2011, 06:57:19 PM »
That works for me - well spotted GulfTraveller!

Rod
Rod