AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Navdata.db3 - 20110418  (Read 10919 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
New Navdata.db3 - 20110418
« on: April 19, 2011, 06:14:18 AM »
A new navdata.db3 installation is now available:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20110418.exe

Changes: New/Updated aircraft table;

One more time this has been the result of an amazing work developed by our database updaters volunteer team.

Notes:
1- This installer copies your existing navdata.db3 file to navdata-backup.db3 so you can keep a copy/backup of your previous file;
2- It then replaces your existing database with the new one;
3- A new updated airport database is included;
4- It is important to note that these periodic navdata.db3 releases do not intend to replace the work we will do on the RadarBox client application which will include an auto-update feature and some other requests made by our users and database updaters team;

Hope you enjoy it.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: New Navdata.db3 - 20110418
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 08:53:32 PM »
AirNav - the bug that stops me installing the update in the correct place still exists. The Back button doesn't allow correction of the installation path. I guess there's a Registry entry that I could correct, but I don't enjoy mucking about with the Registry.

You agreed last time that this needs fixing. PLEASE do it!

Rod
Rod

Pinza

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »
Completely agree with Rod - much as these updates are appreciated, it must be a high priority to install them correctly and not the 'black magic' nightmare of letting it install into the black hole of a virtual store and then finding relevant file and copying into correct location!

EK01

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 06:12:47 PM »
What is it with these updates ! Every time there done it turns into a complete shambles. Just downloaded the latest one with the RB not running as advised. I go back on and what do I have :

In database explorer - nothing.
In My flights - only Mode S and flight ID, no Registrations , no aircraft details, no silhouettes, no photos, no aircraft histories.
Network - everything ok.

Do I now have to do a complete install/reinstall to get back to where I was. Please AN no more of these updates. What a joke !

A far from well pleased user !

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »
We apologise that we were unable to add the functionality to change the location in time for the release. We hope to do that for the next one.

EK01,

Not sure what has happened your RB, but the install only affects navdata so it shouldn't affect aircraft histories. Did the same issue happen when you installed the last update?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Pinza

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 07:00:39 PM »
Thanks for latest update, Support. Despite my slight whinge last night about where it installs to by default, I just let it do its thing and copied the file across to where I really wanted it to be. Slightly messy - but working for me perfectly!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 07:33:12 PM »
Thanks, Support - this bug really seems to be flummoxing the folk who have installed in the virtual store and then realised the error of their ways. Heaven knows where the upgrade goes!

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 05:56:02 PM »
We apologise that we were unable to add the functionality to change the location in time for the release. We hope to do that for the next one.

EK01,

Not sure what has happened your RB, but the install only affects navdata so it shouldn't affect aircraft histories. Did the same issue happen when you installed the last update?

Yes it did but finally managed to fix it although not sure how. Any suggestions gratefully received.

EK01

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 09:58:39 AM »
Finally up and running again but only after a computer expert (she who must be obeyed) managed to sort it out. It appears that the updates are downloading themselves into the wrong folder resulting in them being in the system but not operating correctly or in this case not at all.
The moral as far as I'm concerned is to ignore any future updates and to wait for a complete new version to emerge whenever that might be !

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:25 AM »
Ian,

I expect you are using Vista or Win 7 and are suffering from the virtual store problem.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6020.0 for details as well.

Its a matter of letting it download to where the installer puts it an dragging it across to the correct location.

Hopefully Airnav will have fixed the installer by the next update and will let users put it to wherever they have locsted their data file instead of the default.

Alan
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 10:11:19 AM by Runway 31 »

EK01

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 10:40:07 AM »

Alan,

I am using Vista but install everything into AirNav systems only ie not including 'program files' which seems to put it into the virtual store however the installer seemed to put it somewhere else.
As you say hopefully Airnav will have this fixed for the future and sooner rather than later.

Ian

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 08:15:30 PM »
Ian

I had a nightmare with the last update a month or two back, and ended up letting "nature take its course" and then simply did a search for all navdata files on my laptop, to find where the so and so had downloaded to!!

Then as Alan suggested, did a straight copy and paste to the data folder where AirNav was loaded - this was on Vista also,works a treat now, so suppose the moral is ignore what it says on the tin

I had problems in initially loosing mylog data and all my existing pictures also, but all happily restored now.

I hope this software issue doesn't deter too many users from accessing the new file, and especially the fantastic effort the team have put in, continually improving things week by week, but agree that a straightforward fix would be most appropriate

Have a great Easter all - let's hope the weather holds

Rich

EK01

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 08:33:53 AM »
Rich,

Unfortunately as you may be aware I now live in inland Spain midway between Alicante and San Javier airports (about 35-40 minutes from both). I say unfortunately because for the last 10 days or so the weather here has been awful. Truly envious of you guys in the UK sunshine. I do feel sorry for people who have come here from the UK for the Easter holidays looking to get a suntan. What a waste of money !

Ian

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 08:45:11 AM »
Dont be envious about us here in Scotland Ian, its the Easter holiday weekend so the weather does its usual and has broken here, dull and dreich and miserable today and likely to last all day.

But agree with the poor people looking to get away for some sunshine.

Alan

EK01

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 08:51:53 AM »
Alan,

Thanks for that. It's cheered me up a bit.

Ian