AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: help with not responding  (Read 3682 times)

sean007

help with not responding
« on: March 24, 2011, 02:16:34 PM »
hi can any one help with this problem that i have, when the airnav with 3D programme is running and showing my aircrafts when i click on them this will freeze and it say not responding!!! after about 20 seconds it will be ok.this is starting appear quit a lot now. this is running on windows 7 64 bit. i have the latest drivers installs. and if i try to close the programme it also freezes and it will say ANRB EXE not responding. hope you can help with this. thanks sean

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: help with not responding
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 02:21:48 PM »
Sounds like its struggling to cope, what are you computer specifications please?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

sean007

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 02:54:32 PM »
my computer specifications
windows 7 home premium,
hp probook 4520,
intel(r)core(tm)i3cpu,
[email protected] 2.40ghz,
ram 4gb,
ati mobilty radeon hd5470 premium graphics.

thanks for your help

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
It may even be the graphics card which is having trouble coping not just the CPU.

Did you install into the default installer location of c:/programfiles/. If so you may be suffering from the Windows vurtual stores problems as detailed on the "Could anyone send me the new datafile" thread.

Try unistalling and put Radarbox into c:/airnav and see if that helps.

Alan

sean007

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 03:23:37 PM »
ok thanks for your help i will try this tonight

kbalassa

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »
Hello sean007. I am having the exact same issues. I am on a Quad Core i5 PC so there is no lack of processing power but I still have the spinning wheel and Not Responding issue. Same behavior as you described. Did installing it into the root of C:/ help you? Did that solve the issue? I am asking because I am ready to do that myself but I am hoping that you have a more specific answer to this before I start the uninstall/re-install process. Thanks.

CYYZGUY

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 06:32:32 PM »
I also experience this, but very occasionally.  I am using a very powerful PC with 8 Gigs ram, Windows Vista 64 BIT, 3 Ghz, but I am using the onboard Video which I am sure sucks.....

I am going to upgrade my video card and see what happens.

Jason
2 Nm North from Canada's Busiest Airport CYYZ

DPD 1090 Mhz Antenna with LMR-400 Cable
Antenna 35 Feet (11 Meters) standing tall
Dedicated Airnav Station with 16 Gigs ram
Dedicated Radarbox24 Station with 16 Gigs ram
40" LED Monitor
40" LED Monitor
BCD996XT, BCT15X, BCT15X, BCT15 and BCD436 receiver

sean007

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 11:37:23 AM »
HI KBALASSA, INSTALLLING IN TO THE C:/ DRIVE HELPS A LOT, STILL GET THE ODD TIMES WITH THE SPINNING WHEEL AND NOT RESPONDING ISUE. BUT A PART FROM THAT EVERYTHING OK. HOPE THIS HELPS WITH YOUR PROB""

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2011, 02:35:01 PM »
There a few causes which may cause RadarBox to be like this

1.) Antivirus software - Your antivirus is continually searching the image folder in RadarBox as its loads up new pictures. This will cause RadarBox to slow down. You will need to setup exceptions in your anti virus software for the RadarBox folder so this does not happen.

2.) Database Corruption - If you database has been corrupted this can cause RadarBox to slow down. The easiest way to get round this is to reinstall RadarBox (however you will loose your mylog and navdata data)

3.) 3D Version - If you are using the 3D version and running 3D models on all aircraft (local and network) this will put a large amount of pressure on your computer as it will be handling 1000+ aircraft models every second. In 3D view there are settings which you can play around with to get the optimum setup for your machine.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]