AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems loading Airnav Software  (Read 10228 times)

tommyg

Re: Problems loading Airnav Software
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
Alan

My screen resolution is 1600 x 900 which is the recommended one for this PC. Have tried all sorts of things to get the preference window to expand from other posters on this forum, but only resizenable works, and that won't work for some reason with the new database download. Haven't had time to sit down for hours to try and see what the problem is, but have tried to adjust resolution to other settings and that doesn't work either.   
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »
The database only puts details of aircraft into the database. nothing else.

Alan

krharris

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
AirNav RadarBox will not work on my recently bought samsung E352 laptop which has win7 installed. I have tried various way to get it to run but to no avail.The power light shows but no other  flickering lights. It all runs fine on my samsung visa and main xp computer.
                                              krharris
I have installed drivers from supplied disc.

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
What version of windows 7 are you using if it is 64bit you will need to download the 64bit drivers from the support page.

Our new Microsoft Certified Driver package is now available from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip

Instructions:
1- Download the file above;
2- Unzip it to a folder on your computer;
3- Disconnect your RadarBox USB cable, wait a few seconds and connect it again;
4- When Windows prompts you to find the proper RadarBox driver browse the folder where you have extracted your drivers to;

If the above Windows prompt box does not appear:
1- Go to Windows Control Panel - Device Manager- USB Controllers - RadarBox - Driver -  Update Driver
2- Point at the relevant folder and install the drivers;

Alan
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:32:04 PM by Runway 31 »

gregnorris

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2011, 07:17:34 PM »
Thanks to all contributors & thanks to some third party software recommended by Airnav it has been possible to resolve my installation problems. No other option that's been suggested has worked.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/ResizeEnable.shtml

My laptop is also a Dell Studio running Windows 7, and the problem was the result of not being able to expand the Preferences windows far enough to "see" the Appy & OK buttons. This Softpedia "ResizeEnable" tool provides the ability to resize these stubborn windows and to get the Airnav software to accept my inputs. I've never experienced this sort of problem before, nor heard of Softpedia.

This only took me about 18 hours of troubleshooting - not quite the "plug and play" package I was expecting, but at least it's working now.

Greg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
I've never experienced this sort of problem before, nor heard of Softpedia.

I guess you've never installed software where the system requirements clearly state the need for a screen resolution of 1280x1024.  A note of caution to everyone - if the software states a system requirement of a screen resolution of 1280x1024, then make sure your PC can do 1280x1024.

tommyg

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2011, 08:09:17 AM »
Tarbat

Accept what your saying, but i normally buy the PC and then the software, not the other way round. I use my PC for more than just using RB and want it capable of multifunctionality not for just one piece of software (which may be upgraded).
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2011, 08:22:24 AM »
Might be an idea to see if you can change the screen resolution to resolve your issue though.  It may not be suitable but you wont know until you try it.

Alan

darkskies74

• AOR 8000. Station EXTSHA196235
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 09:09:03 AM »
Tommyg, I had similar probs. In the end the only thing that worked for me was to right click the airnav icon (had a shortcut on my desktop) and then on the menu that popped up, I just clicked on the 'run as administrator' option and everything was fine!
Hope this helps!
Was 32 NM SSW of YPPH.......where the sun shines.
Previously 31NM NNW of EGCC....where it didn't shine!
Now back near EGCC, Oh, how I miss the sun!!!

tommyg

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 10:21:03 AM »
Yes, I have RB working OK now using resizenable. The point I am trying to make is that I raised this issue in Feb 2010 and it is still not resolved. When I first got my RB a few years ago there was update after update then came 3D and since then nothing for us poor mortals still using the 2D version. Most people buy this as a plug and play, and I know a few that have gone to the dark side because of issues like the resolution problem.

Alan, can't change my resolution to 1280 x 1024 nearest i can get is 1280 x 720
It is working OK now, but took sometime to get it there especially for someone who is not a computer techie.   
Tommyg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2011, 11:37:40 AM »
The other way of dealing with a non-resizable dialog box is to right-click on the title bar of the dialog box, and select MOVE.  Then use the keyboard arrow keys to move the dialog box off the top of the screen so you can see the OKAY button.  Use the TAB key to move the focus to the OKAY button, and press ENTER.

Many programs use non-resizable dialog boxes, so it pays to learn how to use a keyboard to move the box around on screen to see all of the box.

Or click on the HOME STATION DATA tab heading, and press SHIFT-TAB three times and then press ENTER to select OKAY.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:47:35 AM by tarbat »