anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problems loading Airnav Software  (Read 10227 times)

gregnorris

Problems loading Airnav Software
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:55 PM »
The instructions say this: “The first time you run RadarBox the main software window with a world map will be shown.........”

However this is not my experience.

Once the installation is completed I am presented with a screen that says “ Airnav...... needs to know more details about your station.......”
When you press OK you’re then presented with a screen where there are 3 options: “ Autodetect my location”, “Select City”, or “Enter Lat & Long”
The window presenting these options does not show the full contents of that page and it’s not possible to stretch it open any further.
If you try Autodetect the reply is “Unable to return valid location data from the internet”
If you try the City option = a drop down menu – there’s nothing there – no choices to make.
If you try entering Lat & Long, nothing happens.

Anyone know what's going on?

Runway 31

Re: Problems loading Airnav Software
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:45:16 PM »
Go to File/Preference/Home Station Data

Go to google earth find your location using decimal and enter it.  If you are west of O degrees enter your longtitude -.

Alan

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 06:46:20 PM »
This happens if your system doesn't allow registry key changes for certain users.

Best way to get round this is start RadarBox, click the demo mode then go to File -> Prferences and enter your home locations in there click apply and ok. Then close RadarBox then start RadarBox again and enter your login codes and click login.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

gregnorris

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:54:40 PM »
I have tried entering lat & long but nothing happens.
I have also tried the demo mode approach but this doesn't work.
Effectively I can't get anything other than the screens shown in the pdf - I can't enter the preferences menu at all and can't access any other part of the Airnav software. In fact the only way I can close Airnav is by forcing it closed through Task Manager.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »
Please try the following:

1.) Change to small Fonts (you should be able to do this from your control panel)
2.) Increase your resolutions to the max you can
3.) If you have a mini laptop, some allow you to expand the viewable screen size temporary so you can view it.
4.) As a last resort you can use the software below to resize it
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/ResizeEnable.shtml
[email protected]

gregnorris

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
I've tried changing to small fonts - found that tip on the forums, but I'm afraid it doesn't work in this situation.

I've also tried loading it on my current laptop = Windows 7 64 bit, as well as on an old laptop running XP - same problem.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 08:13:47 PM »
Hi Greg, try going to Control Panel, Device Manager, and have a look at the bottom section for USB items, what's showing there for the RB? When you first go in to Device Manager, it should say that the device is working correctly (but it doesn't).  Come back and let us know what you find there.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tommyg

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »
Airnav. As above I have tried downloading the new database, and when following the instructions have had the same problem. I found that the new database won't work with my downloaded 'resizenable'. I have since had to do a system restore on my PC to get it back to my old database where I can use my RB again. (For info resizenable works with this????). This problem with the preference windows was raised by me in FEB2010, we are now nearly APRIL2011 and nothing has changed.  Can you answer why it hasn't as there are lots of us on this forum who experience this with WIN7.
Tommyg

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 08:39:26 PM »
gregnorris,

Can you try the other suggestions we have in that post such as the resolution change.

tommyg,

We apologise for the slow fix for this issue, its not an issue for Win7 but to do with certain resolution and font sizes which make it hard to view. This will be fixed for the next version. However we are confused how the new database wouldn't work with it, as they have no correlation together.
[email protected]

gregnorris

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 09:17:36 PM »
The Airnav "box" & device drivers are installed and the box is actually working. The lights all show the correct function and I can see past the preference windows that aircraft data is being received. I'm getting a good signal from my antenna with 30 to 45 aircraft coming from my own reception. On XP I can also see that the network connection is working correctly with many more aircraft coming from the Airnav server - you can actually see this in the pdf attached to my first post. However in Windows 7, although the local aircraft are being received for some reason there's no server connection. If you look at the pdf - pg 3 you can see that both green lights are on for hardware connected and network connected - these screen shots were taken on XP.
Changing screen font sizes and resolution make no difference.
Also - why should I have the same problem on both Windows 7 & XP - it doesn't make any sense!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »
Please try the 4th suggestion in our post.

As we  said its to do with screen size, resolution and font size.
[email protected]

tommyg

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 08:18:31 AM »
Airnav. Thanks for the response. On my Laptop (Dell Studio) I can only choose from Small/Medium/Large fonts. I cannot state the size of Font. Even with the small font setting the preference window will not expand. Hope the new version is not to far away as computer problems are not a five minute fix for me, sometimes it is hours and a lot of frustration.
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:24 AM »
Tommy, what is the screen resolution on your computer.

Alan

krharris

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 11:27:44 AM »
AirNav RadarBox will not work on my recently bought samsung E352 laptop which has win7 installed. I have tried various way to get it to run but to no avail.The power light shows but no other  flickering lights. It all runs fine on my samsung visa and main xp computer.
                                              krharris

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 11:58:12 AM »
krharris,

Have you installed the drivers?
[email protected]