anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Netbook - loading v3.13 - Drivers etc - tips etc  (Read 10690 times)

Tramline

Re: New Netbook - loading v3.13 - Drivers etc - tips etc
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 02:29:47 AM »
I originally had issues but searched the Forum and found a few answers. Sorry don't the link anymore.

As suggested you start in Demo mode and fill in your Location info. Shut down and restart as a registered user. This fixes the the location "never ending circle".

The tip for netbooks and resolution issues suggests that you TAB your way to Apply and Enter to close the dialogue box that you can't see.

Sorry I wish I had the links. I spent 30 minutes searching and 30 minutes playing around till I had a RB setup I liked. Works well and will be trying tomorrow on my way home at an Airport with my Netbook. Original goal for buying one.

Good luck,

Steve

Hi Steve,  so do you have to scroll down to see all the screen with the settings you used?   I've now got RB contained on the netbook screen but I need glasses to see what's being displayed?

Cheers,  Paul
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Tramline

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 07:46:54 PM »
So does AirNav's 'plug in and play' still hold true beyond XP?  Vista, Windows 7 - not a chance! 

Also for Netbook use there should be at least a tutorial for the less computer savvy.

I'm grateful for the help some of the forum community have been able to give, but, and, I never thought I'd write this but Shiptrax appears to have led to AirNav RB users being left to fend for themselves. 

Could AirNav state when they will be able to provide a 'truly - plug in and play version' of RB for newer operating systems such as Vista and Windows 7? 

....And a Netbook tutorial?

Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »
Tramline,

Plug and Play simply means you can install new hardware or USB hardware with just an driver needed and off you go. The actual description of it is:

"plug and play is a term used to describe the characteristic of a computer bus, or device specification, which facilitates the discovery of a hardware component in a system, without the need for physical device configuration, or user intervention in resolving resource conflicts"

That means in most cases you need a driver external USB device. Many devices need drivers than are not with the normal Windows install, in fact most do need drivers from the manufacturer.

In the normal install for RadarBox in either XP, Vista, Windows 7 if the  RadarBox CD is in the CD drive the automatic search for drivers will look for it and install them. Your comment about it not holding beyond XP is simply untrue. However the only exception is if your using a 64bit Operating System which the drivers are included on our website.

If you have a netbook you will come up against trouble with any external USB devices which need drivers. This isn't just a RadarBox issue. So far we have had very few requests for help to our support regarding Netbook installs as its not the norm but we will look into creating a tutorial for it.

Regarding your comments about Shiptrax, that isn't true either, we were answering your posts last night and are doing so now trying to help. The forum isn't a support forum, if you have support issues they are best dealt with in time and details via our ticket system.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2011, 08:55:17 PM »
Why do so many people have installation issues then with Vista / Windows 7 then?

I did appreciate the posts late last night, however, I stumbled my way through the installation myself as only a technophobe can and I do feel that Shiptrax has only served to take the focus off AirNav RB development and support - all IHMO only of course, I'm sure other forum members would like to comment perhaps.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »
Tramline,

They don't have issues with the original install, its exactly the same as the XP install if the CD is in the drive it will do as its told and install. The only issues arise are after the driver install which is to do Vista/Windows 7 permission and virtual store.

The reason why you stumbled yesterday is because you are using a netbook, as mentioned this is not a normal install and if you had any other external usb device which needs drivers you would have had the exact issues as well. ShipTrax has nothing to do with it.
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2011, 09:09:52 PM »
Ok AirNav Support, thank you for coming back.   Perhaps a Netbook tutorial would benefit many users? However, I do stand by my Shiptrax comments though, but we'll agree to disagree on that one.

Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2011, 09:16:43 PM »
Yes we will look into it.
[email protected]

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »
Hi Paul,

Used it most of the day today and I only use the box, not the Network. So my list is usable. I also am only interested in what I can see. So at the airport I set the Altitude to the lowest at the top and watch the list. It is not as easy to view as my larger laptop but the battery life was what I was after. So works well, reading glasses on and off.

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

Tramline

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 09:50:43 PM »
Cheers Steve,   out of interest how long did your battery last?  Did you just have the RB running or any other applications such as Word / Excel at the same time? I'm pleased to have a dedicated Netbook for RB so we'll see how I get on once its used for real.

Paul

Pinza

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
Hmm, bought a new laptop on Thursday - running Windows 7 Home premium (64 bit).

Was dreading the prospect of getting ANRB 4.03 up and running in 3D on new toy, especially as I'd forgotten my password!

AirNav Support promptly sorted my password problem. I then downloaded 64 bit drivers and followed the advice in this thread.

Hardest part was getting past the hurdle of entering home location!

Hey, ho - 3D now up and running on new computer with all data intact from old setup along with latest database update and all of Rod Bearden's great logos.

Not as scary as I feared!

Would have been harder without this forum - thanks to all who contribute.

Chris