anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Netbook - loading v3.13 - Drivers etc - tips etc  (Read 10689 times)

Tramline

New Netbook - loading v3.13 - Drivers etc - tips etc
« on: March 25, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
I plan to put my ANRB onto a new netbook which has Windows 7 starter already installed.  Can anyone confirm that all I need to do is download v3.13 from somewhere on AirNavs site and can someone kindly confirm the correct method - is it load the software first then connext the hardware or reverse of that????

Will the drivers still need to be downloaded separately? And if so can someone advise the link to do this?

Where can I download v3.13 from please?

Any other do's or dont's while I'm thinking about it?

Many thanks
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
Re: New Netbook - loading v3.13 - Drivers etc - tips etc
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:51:59 PM »
I am also trying to get my Netbook  up and running (Win7 Acer 32 bit 1.83ghz 1.0 Gig) and I  researched the Forum, figured out the Preferences issues (thanks for the tips!) and now all I have is the Yellow Box with the "Hardware Checking". I uninstalled the drivers a couple of times and it says they are working. Different version than my Vista Laptop 32 bit and 2 years old. No trouble installing RB there.

Want to use the Netbook on an up coming trip.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:18 AM »
Hi Guys

The downloads are available here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Download the software version you've bought, 3D (version 4.03) or Pro (version 3.13), and, only if you have 64-bit Windows, the 64-bit drivers at the bottom of that page.

MOST IMPORTANT: When installing the software, DO NOT accept the default installation directory. Instead, edit the installation path to remove the "\Program Files" bit, so that you are installing in C:\Airnav Systems

Most people who have had problems, including with the database updates, have not followed that advice!

If you have a 64-bit machine and you have downloaded the 64-bit drivers, follow the advice given below the 64-bit drivers link on the support download page.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:26 AM »
By un-installing and re-installing the software without the program files in the path this will help with the yellow box?

Thanks Rod

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 01:06:59 AM »
Hum - I don't think it will help that particular problem - that does sound like a driver problem. Check the FAQ section for help with drivers - this all starts getting a bit too techie for me!

Rod
Rod

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 02:10:55 AM »
Followed your suggestion and reinstalled RB (as administrator) and the drivers installed when I plugged in the USB cable it works.

Thanks for jumping in Rod!

Cheers,

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

Tramline

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 10:51:29 AM »
Thanks Rod, much appreciated.  I'll advise how I get on.

Tramline

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 10:55:45 PM »
Hi Guys

The downloads are available here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Download the software version you've bought, 3D (version 4.03) or Pro (version 3.13), and, only if you have 64-bit Windows, the 64-bit drivers at the bottom of that page.

MOST IMPORTANT: When installing the software, DO NOT accept the default installation directory. Instead, edit the installation path to remove the "\Program Files" bit, so that you are installing in C:\Airnav Systems

Most people who have had problems, including with the database updates, have not followed that advice!

If you have a 64-bit machine and you have downloaded the 64-bit drivers, follow the advice given below the 64-bit drivers link on the support download page.

Hope that helps

Rod

Just downloaded v3.13 from the AirNav website onto a new Netbook.  It has Windows 32 bit starter edition and lo and behold the AirNav drivers do not appear to have loaded.   I stress this is the 32bit version of Windows 7.   

Any ideas? 

So much for 'plug-in and use'  :-(

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »
You do have the to point Windows 7 to the drivers, the drivers are in the RadarBox folder. On a normal machine (not a netbook) it searches the CD drive so you usually have you RadarBox CD in when you install and it finds it.

Connect your RadarBox if you get a prompt about drivers, point windows to your driver loaction which should be at c:\program files\airnav systems\radarbox\drivers.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 11:01:12 PM »
Hi ANS - How do I 'point' Windows 7 at the drivers?  Sorry, I'm a technophobe!

I didn't download any drivers from the support section as I'm running 32bit Win 7.  Looking at my Device and Drivers for AirNav it states

'Drivers not installed (Code 28)

'There is no driver selected for the device information set or element'

'To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver' (BUT UPDATE DRIVER IS GREYED OUT SO I CANNOT DO THIS)

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:09:38 PM by Tramline »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 11:06:39 PM »
Go to Start -> Device and Printers -> (Find the RadarBox icon) and right click on it and go Properties -> Hardware Tab -> Properties -> Driver -> Update Driver.

You will the be given a choice to search automatically or manually. Choose the manual one and then find
c:\program files\airnav systems\radarbox\drivers

It should then install the driver.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tramline

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »
I didn't download any drivers from the support section as I'm running 32bit Win 7.  Looking at my Device and Drivers for AirNav it states

'Drivers not installed (Code 28)

'There is no driver selected for the device information set or element'

'To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver' (BUT UPDATE DRIVER IS GREYED OUT SO I CANNOT DO THIS)

Tramline

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2011, 11:35:01 PM »
I used the 64 bit drivers and somehow worked it out for myself, so my AN is 'working' but now after I start it up I get a 'Information' box stating AirNav RadarBox2010 -3.13 needs to know more details about your station.  Please specify them now' ...................so................... I fill in the preference box which has a single tab 'Home Station Data' - and I click O.K but it will not register my info...it just sits there so I canx the box by hitting the Red X button which takkes me back to the original 'Information Box' - its a loop which I cannot break out of!!!

What is going on?

Tramline

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
I managed after 4 hrs of fumbling about to get AN up and running, however like TommyG I have screen resolution issues.   The option to 'untick' the monitor to show all the screen dialogue boxes is greyed out.  I've played with the screen resolution which has made the application usable but frankly its not great.

Frankly, I think its time AirNav provided the 'plug in and play' for Windows 7 and also a 'Netbook' version which will allow installation without all the pain that many users seem to suffer.

Cheers

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 01:24:52 AM »
I originally had issues but searched the Forum and found a few answers. Sorry don't the link anymore.

As suggested you start in Demo mode and fill in your Location info. Shut down and restart as a registered user. This fixes the the location "never ending circle".

The tip for netbooks and resolution issues suggests that you TAB your way to Apply and Enter to close the dialogue box that you can't see.

Sorry I wish I had the links. I spent 30 minutes searching and 30 minutes playing around till I had a RB setup I liked. Works well and will be trying tomorrow on my way home at an Airport with my Netbook. Original goal for buying one.

Good luck,

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada