AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New PC  (Read 3907 times)

Canonjohns40D

New PC
« on: March 18, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
Hi can anyone advise please? i got a new Dell PC this afternoon with Windows 7 and I'm now loading all my bits and pieces. I saved my Radarbox details onto an external drive and just now copied it back into my c drive. i have been able to upload the screens but hardwae is a red box and network yellow. Can anyone help please? i was using vista before the change.
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: New PC
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 08:55:56 PM »
Hi John

Is it a 64-bit machine? If so, download the 64-bit drivers from here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Also, you might need to contact Support to set up your new computer on the network.

Keep us posted!

Rod
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:40:33 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »
Cheers Rod I'll give both a go thanks. John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Hi John, make sure you create a new Folder for the RB software. Download the 64-bit driver to a named location. Start the RB, which almost certainly won't work! Go to Control Panel, Device Manager, down at the bottom you should find USB items, which will hopefully have the RB with a yellow splodge (exclamation mark?) beside. DM should say device is working properly, although it isn't, find the Update Driver box and point it to the location where you saved the Drivers and let it do its thing. Close down completely then restart computer and with more than a little bit of luck, you may be back in business - let us know how you get on. Good Luck! You shouldn't need AN to do anything as the RB is already registered.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »
As I understand it, AirNav only allow the box to be used on two computers. If you install on a third one, you need to contact Support to authorise it.

Rod
Rod

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 10:52:02 PM »
Ah, sorry Rod, I missed that point completely, and I'm sure you're right, as I vaguely remember it coming up before.

edit: thinking about that Rod, isn't it only 3D that's applies to, I don't think it applies to the basic network, that's purely dependant on a registered RB being connected, any computer could be used?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:04:34 AM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 11:50:18 PM »
Hi Jon Rod

Thanks up and running. I copied the 64 bit drivers then followed Jon's tip and hey presto we have life. However in 3d the map is goggle earth but the aircraft plot as red Xs in side squares? Too tired to do anymore now but if you have any thoughts on this I'd appreciate further help please.

John