AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox resets itself to share on the network with each launch?  (Read 15604 times)

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
Re: RadarBox resets itself to share on the network with each launch?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
I am happy to share, it cost me nothing and might be useful to another "Boxer".
Whats the problem, I don`t use the network feature either.
Best wishes to ALL, Dave.
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

golfboy

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »
I would like to echo "anoraks" post. I do not use the network but I am more than happy to share with Radarbox users who do. Any help that my sharing can give to fellow Radarbox users as I see it is a good thing for mine and their hobby.
I guess I am running the risk of being called a spammer or airnav mole on other forums but "stick and stones" they can always come to Gorinchem in the Netherlands and say it to my face.
Lets all enjoy our hobby no matter which platform we use. We make our own choices and have our own preferences and there is always something out there for us all.
All the best
Ron

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 07:15:19 PM »
Hi Andrew, Dave and Marpleman, I have always shared up to now, as I've enjoyed my "free and gratis" 12 months included network sub., which runs out in April - 2 years from when I first started using the network - it would seem an error somewhere along the line gave me an extra 12 months, and I will carry on sharing for the next 12 months to return the favour.

I don't mind "donating" my coverage for others to use, but this is being accepted for no payment then being sold on - yes, I do know there are costs involved in providing the servers, bandwidth etc., etc., etc..

My grouse is that to use the real-time network, you then have to pay twice, once to get 12 months 5 minutes delayed network use, and then as much again to get the real-time for 6 months and it's not cheap.   If it was say £50 for 12 months 5 min. delayed OR £50 for 6 months real-time, I would say fair enough, it's having to pay both that sticks in my craw!  Rant over, I know we'll never agree on everything...................
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 07:31:04 PM »
If it was say £50 for 12 months 5 min. delayed OR £50 for 6 months real-time

Hello

It is a case of OR. 59.95 euro for 6 months realtime OR 59.95 euro for 12 months delayed.

Anderw

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 08:36:38 PM »
CoastGuardJon,

Exactly as orkney says, you pay for either real time or delayed not both :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »
Hi ANSupport, I've totally misunderstood the situation then - just to clarify, I can subscribe to 6 months real-time, without paying for the network first - I'd understood it to be an additional option and charge, not a choice?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 08:59:46 PM »
The network subscription is either:

Real Time Network.
Delayed Nework.

They both have a cost but you only need one, you don't need to have both delayed and realtime to get realtime.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 09:11:49 PM »
Hi Andrew and ANSupport, thank you very much for the swift response and putting me straight on the subs issue.   I had completely misunderstood the situation, and almost certainly will be renewing with the real-time in April, now this has been explained.

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »
I will be renewing very soon due to me being in a very bad dip, and find the network makes the box worthwhile as I only get around 100-200 planes coming over a day from the external antenna. (70m range)
Thanks
Johnn -