anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to single out one specific airfield  (Read 8290 times)

Bigyun2000

How to single out one specific airfield
« on: March 16, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
Hi all.

I am trying to see what aircraft are going in/out of Manchester International Airport.  I understood to select EGCC in the Airport Drop Down List.  I was expecting to see only EGCC aircraft on the left hand side where it gives all detilas such as Staus - Mode-s etc.etc.

I was suprised to see lots of others with different routings.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please.  Or perhaps tell me what to do please.

Thanks

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: How to single out one specific airfield
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:11:20 PM »
Hi all.

I am trying to see what aircraft are going in/out of Manchester International Airport.  I understood to select EGCC in the Airport Drop Down List.  I was expecting to see only EGCC aircraft on the left hand side where it gives all detilas such as Staus - Mode-s etc.etc.

I was suprised to see lots of others with different routings.

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong please.  Or perhaps tell me what to do please.

Thanks

The Airport drop-down controls what you see on the map, not the aircraft list.

Use the Quick Filter to see routes containing EGCC in the aircraft lists:

Route = EGCC*

this will show EGCC outbounds, but I'm not sure you can use the Quick Filter to see the inbounds.

Also, bear in mind that to see a route, the aircraft has to have a valid Flight ID entered by the crew.  This Flight ID then has to be in the RadarBox database too.  To see this effect, select EGLL in Airport and look at Heathrow - see how many aircraft are wrongly filtered out because they have odd flight ID's.

Bigyun2000

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »
Thanks Allocator.  Yes sorted now.  I guess also you miss quite a few aircraft if there is no route allocated.  I know i am a newbie but there does seem a lack of routes in the database.

Thanks again

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 08:29:36 PM »
There are a number of threads here on the forum regarding the routes.  The biggest problem is the crew not putting in their Flight ID, or using one with letters after the numbers like BAW09A.

You can enter routes into the RadarBox database manually if you really want to, but this would be a big job.  I'm using Flight Display 6 for Planeplotter with RadarBox to populate the routes database.  See the post by tarbet on how to do this - be warned, it's complicated!

See this thread

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=551.0
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 08:32:00 PM by Allocator »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:07:30 PM »
There are a number of threads here on the forum regarding the routes.  The biggest problem is the crew not putting in their Flight ID, or using one with letters after the numbers like BAW09A.

Using my technique I've now got a lot of these FlightIDs with letters after the numbers - eg. BAW37J - EGLL to KJFK - http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BAW37J

Maybe Airnav could develop software similar to FD6 to populate the routes table.  Although, to be fair, I don't think they've ever claimed a real-time update of routes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 09:12:36 PM by tarbat »

Bigyun2000

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 09:08:10 PM »
Hi Allocator.
Yes i have PP but can't get it to show aircraft.  I linked it to RadarBox, if i click the little aeroplane i get a list of all incoming signals but no display on the map.  Downloaded FD6 but really don't have a clue to be honest.

To be honest I realy can't see why this cannot be done within Airnav RadarBox.  It does seem rather a lot of money to pay if its not a complete system developement.  I also bought the Airnav ACARS 2.1 which works fine.

So  HELP !!!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 09:18:14 PM »
Bigyun2000,

It does seem rather a lot of money to pay if its not a complete system development. Can you explain this comment?

All,

We are looking into this however do not expect it for 1.5 as that's too quick and this has only come up recently. In the meantime RB can have this done without too much hassle with an addon program. The database is editable and you can get access to the Flight IDs via the port.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
Hi Allocator.
Yes i have PP but can't get it to show aircraft.  I linked it to RadarBox, if i click the little aeroplane i get a list of all incoming signals but no display on the map.  Downloaded FD6 but really don't have a clue to be honest.

To be honest I realy can't see why this cannot be done within Airnav RadarBox.  It does seem rather a lot of money to pay if its not a complete system developement.  I also bought the Airnav ACARS 2.1 which works fine.

So  HELP !!!!

Not a complete system development - that's a bit harsh.  My car won't do 150 mph but I would like it if the manufacturers modified it so it would - without them charging me a penny :-)

It's a good job that you didn't buy an SBS-1, otherwise you would have really been disappointed!

PP works well with Radarbox.  Start Radarbox recording, set PP to read the log file (Mode S source - RadarBox log) and click start - easy, it's all there in the PP help file.

Just remember that you won't see anything on PP until 5 minutes after you start the record fuction.

Bigyun2000

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 09:42:49 PM »
Hi Airnav Support.

Yes I agree, an addon program would be great.  I think i missunderstood my own words.  What i meant was, why isn't this a part of the software that has already been developed.  As for the RadarBox,  Its excellent so appologies if i gave the wrong impression.  Glad i purchased the RadarBox rather than the SBS-1.

I did say that i also purchased Airnav ACARS 2.1.  I was a little dissapointed that allthough i owned the Airnav RadarBox i still had to pay full price.  I remember this product from a few years ago and seems to be a product that has had little or no update for quite some time.

Does this mean then that we are now going to have to pay again for the addon pack for the RadarBox? or will this be a free addition perhaps?

Thanks

Bigyun2000

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »
Hi Allocator

Yes glad i decided to get the Airnav RadarBox.  Regards PP.  yes i set it all up re installation and help but still no go on aircraft on the maps.

I will have a look on the PP forum.
Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 09:49:45 PM »
You have misunderstood, we are not creating adddon.

The port output allows customers to create there own applications to share.

We are getting a few questions about it and I will post under topic explaining the reason why and link to this.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=599.0
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:02:36 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bigyun2000

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »
Thanks

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 10:01:36 PM »
Stick with PP, it is well worth it.  Don't forget that 5 minute wait until the RadarBox aircraft appear.  Start it processing then leave it for a bit :-)