anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question about e-mailing of logs  (Read 1769 times)

perezoso

Question about e-mailing of logs
« on: March 07, 2011, 02:33:32 AM »
Question:

I notice that when logs are e-mailed, they pass through an Airnav mail server.  While there's some logic to that, my question is: 

Does Airnav keep and utilize data that is relayed in these e-mails?

Also, does Airnav access log data from boxes in any other way, even if the network sharing is turned "off"?

Would appreciate an answer from AirNav on that.  If I turn off "network sharing" (each I time I start, in your topsy-turvy system), are you still accessing the data collected by my box in some other way, or are my results actually private?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Question about e-mailing of logs
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 02:46:14 AM »
The answer is a simple no. We don't utilize that data. Processing alert emails through our servers was an improvement from earlier RadarBox versions which used to send emails directly from the users machine but that for many users were blocked because of firewall setting, etc.

rashers

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 08:18:03 AM »
yeah i can see on my radarbox sending email address i only want email note if a plane squacks 7700 can you tell me what box to tick to get these alerts our untick every plane that passes over my area i dont want to get emails just the ones that squack 7700 thanks lads

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 08:33:29 AM »
If you go onto the alerts tab all you need is there.  Tick the squawk box, enter the squawk and enter the email address to send the alert too.

Alan