AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Database Released - 2011/Feb/23  (Read 63735 times)

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Re: New RadarBox Database Released - 2011/Feb/23
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »
There's no issue where the exe is dropping the new file as far as I can see, as the file is there , as the updated version (date and time checked), and showing the correct file size based on Alans observation

However, when i then open up that version (4.03 as it happens), it's as though the navdata file is overwritten with a totally blank file

When I open up in db explorer, as I mentioned earlier, there is nothing other than a totally empty "shell" - does anyone have any idea of the related file size of an empty database????  :-))

Begining to think it might be my laptop thats behaving funny, as I now don't appear to be able to re-instate the existing (self backed up navdata file)

I'll continue with all this tonight

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions so far

Rich

Runway 31

« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
Instead of running the link save it to the folder where you have the current version you run and run the update from there.

Also have you checked the other version you have and seen whats in there?

Alan
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 10:57:21 AM by Runway 31 »

cool_1

« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »
Bob,
Im glad Im not the only one with this issue.  I see Harvey above also has the same problem with 3D models since the update.

Did you report it as a 3D software bug and get a new ticket raised with Airnav support ?

Now there is more air traffic, I have carried out further investigation. I notice Im actually missing Easyjet (A319,A320) , Ryanair (B738) , Thomson, Thomas Cook, and British Airways A321, B744 '3d skins', to name a few.

Im also missing many 3D models completely...so I just have a load of empty-headed white marker stalks moving around eg. Aer Lingus (A320),  Austrian Airways, Continental, KLM, and BMI.

So 3D is now looking pretty well porked after the update !
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 11:54:26 AM by cool_1 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
There's no issue where the exe is dropping the new file as far as I can see, as the file is there , as the updated version (date and time checked), and showing the correct file size based on Alans observation

However, when i then open up that version (4.03 as it happens), it's as though the navdata file is overwritten with a totally blank file

Depending on you OS version and installation path, it's probably in the Virtual Store.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2011, 11:53:23 AM »
For users with installation problems, there is a direct link to download the lastest navdata.db3 at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/DBUpdater/navdata.db3

Regarding 3D problems: did this happen with this navdata.db3 update or with the previous one too?

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2011, 11:53:54 AM »
Yep -tried that also Alan

Don't know if this is relevant, but a s well as creating a new navdata file, there also two other files with similar file extensions

all named the same but one ending with  ~
and another being a "journal log"

So thats giving me four in total - those two aboce, the new file, and the backed up file

Is this normal?

cool_1

« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
For users with installation problems, there is a direct link to download the lastest navdata.db3 at:

Regarding 3D problems: did this happen with this navdata.db3 update or with the previous one too?

Hi Airnav,
I would say only the occassional 3D skin was missing before the update (approx 1% ?) , but now I would say nearly 40% are missing since applying the .db3 update.  I also never noticed the completely missing models before.

Runway 31

« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
In my data file I have 5 Navdata files.

1. NavaData db.3
2. NavData db.3 bak
3. NavData db.3 Journal
4. NavData.db3-stmtjrnl
5. navdata-backup.db3

Alan

Runway 31

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »
Possibly something to do with the 3d models problem.  Taken from the previous update thread in answer to BobSen re no skin for A380.

Bob, the icao bug meant that these previouslymostly populated as A380. they are now in Navdata as correct A388. you need to make sure the skins you want are against both codes. again we updaters have previously highlighted this to airnav.

Alan

« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:13:39 PM by Runway 31 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 12:24:52 PM »

ERROR: Page not found

Tramline

« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2011, 01:24:13 PM »
I've read the two threads regarding the 'new' database and I ask again.  If AirNav claim to be No.1 then why not supply a professional database.  Again, I am not having a go at the hard working volunteers - I can't praise you enough, but shouldn't there be at least an option of securing a third party database for ANRB which is kept upto date and does not cause such grief to the posters above?

Surely such a database exists?

Could AirNav kindly comment please? 
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Bob SEN

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 02:16:19 PM »
Yes it happened with the pevious update too...... I made a backup before I updated & had to re-install the backup.......... too many models & schemes were lost due to the update..

Alan - yes I did that at the time with the A380/8 & it did solve the issue with silhouette... but there are too many models to go through them all 1 by 1 in order to get the schemes back............ it was quicker to go back to the original backup

cheers

Bob
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 02:24:15 PM »

ERROR: Page not found

With thanks to Dave Reid - http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/DBUpdater/navdata.zip

Airnav, is this the right file for people to download?

Bob SEN

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »

Hi Airnav,
I would say only the occassional 3D skin was missing before the update (approx 1% ?) , but now I would say nearly 40% are missing since applying the .db3 update.  I also never noticed the completely missing models before.

For info there are way more than the "occasional" skin/colour scheme missing ..... , no biz jets for starters.......  ;-)
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

Runway 31

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »
I cant see how the problem's being experienced come from the aircraft table therefore  the problems being experience would still have occured even if a professional outfit provided the data.  It doesnt matter the source of the data and if it is not the aircraft table that is causing the problems it must lay elsewhere either in another table or somewhere in the install routine.

One person out of all who have downloaded it for whatever reason cant get the update to install, this could be for any number of reasons which may even have nothing to do with the updater and may have something to do with the computer it is installed in.

The 3D problems cannot be coming from any part of the the aircraft table that the data the updaters provide so the problems people are having must be being caused by some reason outwith that and will probably have something to do with something Airnav have or have not done somewhere.

Do you have anyone in mind to provide an uppdate service Tramline as you asked the same question in the previous thread?

Alan