anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Single Box Network Coverage Areas  (Read 16503 times)

C152

Re: Single Box Network Coverage Areas
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2011, 03:30:31 PM »
Hello

I'm new here but been an aircraft spotter for 40 years.  I've been watching aircraft on the Flightradar website and visiting other forums.  Although a lot of money I'm now thinking about getting my own box as my local area isn't covered too well.

RadarBox looks most promising as I'm not too good with computers.  But I'm surprised that I'm having to pay extra for the network which doesn't offer more than I can see on Flightradar?

And why would you ban someone?

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »
Hi C152

I've not been spotting quite as long as you sir, but I'm not far off!!

I'm pretty certain you get 12 months free network coverage (delayed?) when you purchase a box, and although sites like Flightradar do give useful coverage, it doesn't show local non ads-b traffic which your own personal box will do (light a/c,biz jets,military,Dash 8's,Embraers etc etc) so there are many benefits from having your own box

As you'll see from the arguement.............oops sorry debate on here, there are pro's and cons of subscribing for additional time on the network.

As regards banning someone, keep on board for a few days, and you'll see the sort of stuff that goes on!! ;-)

Hope you take the plunge!

rgds

Rich

Runway 31

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
Hi C152,

Welcome to the forum  I note what you state re having to pay more for the network.  Please note the network is not compulsory and like any other Radarbox user you are free to use whichever means you see fit to see traffic outwith your local area.

The first years network use comes included with the price of the box.

Alan

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2011, 03:53:45 PM »
Hello

My mother says that she wouldn't like to be without the network anyway. She says she has learnt much about airlines etc from it that we would never get in our range.  She is not too computer literate so she likes the way it all integrates into one program and doesn't have to jump between them etc.

We also use the flightradar24 and radarvirtuel and contribute to them 24/7

Andrew

chewycanes

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2011, 04:09:35 PM »
Hi C152

If you do consider getting a box then also think about your surrounding such as tall buildings, trees hills etc. The box requires line of sight to the aircraft so being down in a hollow or surrounded by lots of building will restrict what you pick-up. The aerial that comes with the box is not designed for permanent external use so if you can put up an external aerial on a roof it helps to get extra distance.

Regarding banning people each forum sets down rules and some people exceed those rules. When i first started on this forum there was a lot of bickering and some people had an agenda. However i am glad to say it has been alot better since then and most people now are pretty reasonable and helpful.

Hope these comments help.
Brian

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2011, 04:46:21 PM »
Lets keep some of the infighting between members to a minimal please on the forum, otherwise we will warn members and lock threads. Keep to the topic.

C152 don't worry about being banned on the forum, the only people who are those who are trying to promote other products or as others say breaking the rules or trying to promote there own agenda. The vast vast majority do not break any of the rules.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

C152

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
Thanks for the all the answers.  Looks better than I thought.

Just a bit worried by some personal comments posted today.

I'll search around and see what the other boxes do and how much the network costs. The planeplotter live network looks good value and works with radarbox.

Glad I asked.

C152

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 03:56:17 PM »
Does anyone use planeplotter with their radarbox and is it better than the airnav live network?

Its a lot cheaper and seems to have good coverage.  Just not sure what I'd miss if I choose that option rather than airnavs?

Runway 31

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 04:10:26 PM »
You can compare them if you get a box.  The cost of the box includes a years network access and the Planeplotter price is negligable for the year so try them both and see what you think will suit you best.

Alan

C152

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 04:40:47 PM »
Thanks Alan.  I dont want to jump in and buy a radarbox until I know all the options and costs.  There are so many to choose from.  Im going to have to dig around a bit more and check out the prices and features of the other boxes.

Appreciate all your help though.

airnav1967

• photo of the A380 taking off from Manc air
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »
I dont mind paying for the network aslong as it is a reasonable price,what i am annouyed at is  it took me 4 years to save  up for the air nav, i get it im made up then they bring a 3d version out and i cant afford it, thats whats annoyed me more than anything, i know you can get a  add on but thats still a bit pricey for me at the moment, i love my airnav and have tracked many flights. its not all roses i know but i love it, just hope the subscription does not go up too much, thats all. janet
I love aviation and the air nav is the best invention ever

Chris11

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
I never use 3D. I don't think you are missing much

Runway 31

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 10:54:32 AM »
I have it and dont use it either as i prefer the 2D version.

Alan

C152

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 04:35:47 PM »
I've checked out the other boxes and was just about to get a radarbox when I got an email today saying theres new software for the other box (I dont want to mention the name as I dont want to get banned).

Will there be new radarbox software soon?  I think I read that it might be in April?  Shall I wait until then or maybe buy the other box?

So many choices.

Runway 31

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
C152,

Dont worry about mentioning the other box, it takes a hell of a lot more than that to get banned.

There will be a new version of Radarbox out later on this year i dont know when but it is being worked on just now but I have not heard anything about it being as early as April.

Possibly there will be a free upgrade to the new Radarbox software version when it comes out, same as the last time, maybe Airnav will be able to advise.

Alan