AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 5062 times)

spanman

Advice Please
« on: March 15, 2008, 07:15:44 AM »
Hi Guys,
             i'm an existing ANRB since August last year with the latest version running fine on my lap top . Ive just bought a new desktop P.C running on Vista and want to put a clean install on it . My question is do I need to load previous versions first before I load version 1.4? The disc I have is the original disc.Any help on how to successfully load it would be much appreciated.Cheers,Mark
Flybe Crew on the Dash 8 Q400  Embraer 175
and Embraer 195

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Advice Please
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:35:14 AM »
Hi Guys,
             i'm an existing ANRB since August last year with the latest version running fine on my lap top . Ive just bought a new desktop P.C running on Vista and want to put a clean install on it . My question is do I need to load previous versions first before I load version 1.4? The disc I have is the original disc.Any help on how to successfully load it would be much appreciated.Cheers,Mark

Mark,

V1.4 (RadarBox 2008) is a completely new software install so you should be OK without loading the previous versions.  Just make sure you load the correct drivers that come as part of the V1.4 package and not the drivers that Windows wants to choose for you.

I'm afraid that I can't help you with Vista though - I know that Vista can put files in unexpected places.

spanman

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
Thanks Allocator as usual you 're a great help ! Cheers,Mark

and Embraer 195

spanman

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 08:31:38 AM »
If anyone is running ANRB 2008 on Vista can you pleas ehelp me before I tear my hair out. I have done a clean install on a new P.C running Vista home premium . Everything appears to have loaded correctly but when I load the programme  and press start nothing happens and the only button which works is the cancel. Is there something within Vista blocking me running the programme ?and if so where is the solution to fix it. I run 2008 no prob on my laptop running windows xp but having no luck on Vista .
Please help before it drives me mad!
and Embraer 195

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 09:19:51 AM »
You need to right click on AirNav 2008 and say run as administrator then it should work .
Edited - The only other thing is to check that you have the drivers loaded.

Mike
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:43:25 AM by Roadrunner »