anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Why can i not see certain planes and why the altitude is incorrect  (Read 6228 times)

jimjam

Re: Why can i not see certain planes and why the altitude is incorrect
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »
Oh i see, okay so thats that sorted but how will i know if the plane above me which is not on the map, is on the side bit. for example if it was a Lufthansa 747, there might be several lufthansa 747's on the side bit, so how will i know which one is the one above me if i am making sense.

chewycanes

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 05:51:50 PM »
You will learn.
In general for me i know a/c going east are at odd levels ie 35000 and a/c going west are at even altitudes ie 34000.

Brian

jimjam

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 05:55:02 PM »
Ok, i see sort of, thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it,sorry if you thought you were talking to a dummy! :)

y do you think that aircraft i can see straight out my window are somewhere else on the map

thanks,
Jamie

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 05:56:29 PM »
Now thats the hard bit, I have DLH404 detailed on my system just now but as it is not ADSB equipped it is not showing its location so I have no idea where it is.

The only way at this time to see non ADSB equipped aircraft is through using Planeplotter or similar which uses Mlat to determine an approximate location and shows the positions on its screen.

You will also get to know where the aircraft are you see through your window in relation to what you see on the screen.

Alan

jimjam

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »
ok, thanks, at first i wondered if it was to do with my location as the planes i see are so way off on screen, it doesn't really seem possible but i guess thats it. ok thanks for everything guys, i really appreaciate it