anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: joining Live Network.  (Read 9502 times)

delconair

Re: joining Live Network.
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 09:38:21 PM »
Hi Anorak,
                  Make it quick, God I need it. Double dose please!!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »
Hi Del, don't worry about it, when you log a problem with AN you get alloacted a virtual "ticket" no., PM is Personal Message.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

delconair

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2011, 10:38:40 PM »
CoastGuardJon,
                        Now I know what a PM is I should have guessed.Now the GOOD news my screen is full of network Flts,everything working perfectly it's astounding.Terrific response from the support chaps, a job very well done,not forgetting you guys for all the help and advice you gave. Ps. To "Anorak. "medicine not now required" 965 Flts and counting.

My Thanks To You All,

Delconair.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 12:41:08 AM »
Hi Del, glad to hear you're up and running on the network - I'm currently 1 on My Flights and 385 on the network!  Let us know what you get tomorrow daytime on My Flights, I would expect you to be around 45 - 50 afternoon time?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

sanops

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 03:20:14 AM »
Hello Alan,
Yes the box "get network flights" is ticked.
I just sent an email to the support folks.
Thanks.    John

delconair

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 02:51:45 PM »
CoastGuardJon Hi,
                           Update for you. Timed 1439Hrs. My Flts, 5. Network Flts 1406. I suspect my flts low because of the antenna position, any suggestions as to addons I may use to increase it, at the moment line of sight is probably the cause, but until I discover ways or means to improve it I'll make do, in the meantime all suggestions welcome. There must be a mind of info out there amongst the members.
                                                 Thanks
                                                   Del.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
Hi Del, can you get the standard twig outside onto a high point, if not, as I suggested before can you go mobile and give it a try, I'm sure you'll be amazed at the difference. Permanent solution is to erect a good exterior antenna with good quality heavy gauge co-ax.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/radar-rama-1090mhz-base-antenna-for-airnav-radarbox-352366?c=froogle&u=352366&t=module

http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/RADAR-COM-20_RADAR-EXTENDER_Antenna__A12-1090__BT-12__all_necessary_coax_leads_20m.html

http://www.capitalstores.co.uk/airnav-50cm-external-antenna-for-radarbox-kinetics-rb-1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googlebase

and the one I'd recommend, very well built and helpful manufacturer supplier, who'll make up downlead.

http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm

delconair

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 08:29:21 PM »
CoastGuardJon Hi,
                            I had a feeling this would be the case unfortunately circumstances won't permit the use of raised outside antenna,rules & regs you know. I wonder, I have a sat link (1 & 2) inc, the normal sat connection for T.V do you think it possible to connect my antenna via a splitter and draw down on that, only a thought. Also thinking on adding Acar/Selcal, but will it rely on my antenna, or through the network, anyhow thanks for the lists. I should have my wireless receiver up and running shortly.   Cheers. Del.   

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 08:50:36 PM »
Hi De
circumstances won't permit the use of raised outside antenna,rules & regs you know.  

The antenna for 1090 is unobtrusive and could be painted to camoflague/disappear.   I really can't understand the mentality that allows quite hideous satellite and mobile phone masts, but would object to a 15" twig.  What sort of rules and regs are you subject to?   Do you have problem neighbours that would report you - any TV or FM radio aerials around you?

As we're dealing with very short wavelengths - 27cms, the signals are killed by most structures, trees, leaves etc. and no amount of pre-amp will get over it. It really is line if sight stuff. A decent antenna and as clear a view for signal detection is the key to this hobby, have you any trees nearby that could be used to site and hide an antenna, any telegraph poles around?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:56:23 PM by CoastGuardJon »

delconair

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
CoastGuardJon Hi,
                            Got quite a start when I saw the highlighted "Quote" I think you guessed right on the problem. Changing the subject a little, do you have Navigraph n DAC3 on your computer? great for all matters dealing with sid/stars/enroute charts, etc. Thanks for the reply.

Del.

chrish

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2011, 08:17:02 AM »
Hi
I have exactly the same problem
I have sent an E-mail to support but no reply yet ( only the auto response one )
If you have a reply to this problem Please post the answer
Regards
Chris

Hi CoastGuardJon.
                             Thanks for the advice. Status at the moment. clicked on Network, ticked to receive radarbox network, all indicators show green waited more than the allotted time, still no taffic showing. I did note however my account status shows, 'Pre- created account not yet activated' Ps.click on my flights shows a couple of a/c. all advice & help most welcome.

Many Thanks,
                                                   delconair.

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
Hi Chris, try PM-ing Support, seems to get better results than email.

Runway 31

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »