AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox Database Released  (Read 48939 times)

EK01

Re: New RadarBox Database Released
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »
Second last paragraph of the instructions !

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 03:33:16 PM »
Hi Steve,

The Navdata will over write any records you already have, as stated in the opening to the thread.  There are around 95,000 records of all types of aircraft in the Navdata but I cannot state with any certainty that all the ones you have in yours are included.  If they are not included you will loose them but any you have provided details for are included.  I would suggest that the ones likely to be missing wil be local general aviation as we have good coverage of commercial and military aircraft likely to be seen in your location.

Like you we have worked on it for coming up on a year but there are around another 300,000 aircraft still out there which we dont have details on, yet.

Only you can decide on whether to update but I am sure that any missing aircraft will be quickly added, especially if you continue to update us as you have been doing.

Any new British aircraft are normally added the day following the CAA update.

Alan

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »
To all the update team and AirNav Development.
Thank you for all your hard work.

I will keep to my aircraft database.
I total support the update team and will send any unpopulated records to them.

Have a good weekend all.

Steve.
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

Bob SEN

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 03:58:09 PM »
Yep I echo the words of thanks to the updaters team.......... I HAVE installed the new DB but have also backed up my old file.......... so far though IMHO it all looks good...

cheers all

Bob
1/2 a mile South of EGMC/SEN

MY PHOTO'S http://www.flickr.com/photos/96219572@N07/

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 04:00:49 PM »
Please continue your discussion and we will collect all valid points to further improve the database upating project.

Dana

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »
Hi ,
With this new database everything is wrong : wrong route, wrong silhouette ( ATR 72 appear with the silhouette of ATR 75 ) and the airport code are wrong too or incomplete ( EGLL appear as simply London, but in London are more than one airport)....
Everyone have any idea about how I can recover the old data ????
Thank you.

chewycanes

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »
Hi
Make sure you copy your old Navdata files to a safe place before installing the new files. I like others have modified the files over the last few months and i am having to resolve an issue which may have resulted from those changes.

BACK-UP.... before installation.

Brian

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 04:28:20 PM »
Thay's a point - Dev - can you please confirm that it is only the Aircraft table that is updated with this? I've assumed that all the other tables are unaffected by it, but if what Dana says is right, we might have a problem (though I did back up my Navdata file before updating).

Rod
Rod

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 04:35:27 PM »
Second last paragraph of the instructions !

I stand corrected - apologies!!!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:07 PM »
Have to say I've also reverted to my backup.  My routes are more up-to-date, and I already get my aircraft data directly from GAS anyway.

What we need is an update routine a bit like DBPOP, where aircraft records can be ADDED, REMOVED, or CHANGED without affecting what's already been updated in the database by the end-user.

Dana

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
Unfortunately I lost my old Navdata... and now everithing was affected with this new Navdata : the airport name are incomplete, some airports have no name only the ICAO code , also I lost lots of routes....
I am very disappointed ....
One advice for all users : Make a back-up before installation otherwise you will have other tables affected  :(((((

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 04:57:40 PM »
I've had to go back to my backup database, too. The update does update the other tables, too, and I'm losing too many changes to them.

The update will be great for new users, but what I wanted was just an update to the Aircraft Table. Still, I don't change photos myself, so I can still update my existing aircraft table by occasionally deleting alll the photos.

Rod
Rod

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 06:19:33 PM »
All,

The updaters know there are particular areas needing more work than others and there are corrections required.  The updating is an ongoing process and this work continues, it doesnt stop here.  Model standardisation work for example is ongoing with biz jets, Canadairs, Bombardiers, Embraers, Pipers all having been completed.  

To qualify Alan’s previous post regarding standardization.

All Piper aircraft have not yet been standardized. The following types have been done: P46T, PA38, PA46, PA31, PAY1, PAY2, PAY4, P28A, P28B, P28R, P28T, and PA32, P32R, P32T were in progress at the time of issue.  There are still a number of types to be done such as the PA60.

It’s a similar case with Embraer.  The following types have been done: E120, E135, E145. The E110 has not yet been standardized.

Without listing them all, types such as SW2, SW3, SW4, DH8A, DH8B, DH8C, DH8D, and a large part of all business jets have all been standardized.

We don’t just standardize each type. C/n duplicates are checked and deleted where necessary, c/n’s against registrations were checked for a number of bizjet types etc etc.. in order to give you all, a near as possible, accurate database.

However, errors can arise, so if anyone notices an error, no matter how small it is (spelling mistake, lowercase instead of uppercase etc..)  please tell us.

Hopefully in the next NavData release all Pipers and Embraers will be standardized.

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:27:30 PM by andrewarles »
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Blincodave

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
Real progress. A big thanks to everybody involved.

Dave

knight01

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 11:56:32 PM »
Thanks for the hard work, but I've also gone back to my backup copy.  The aircraft data now looks good and complete.  

The airport data is worse.  Most major cities have more than one airport. For example, every airport in London is listed as London, England, when they should be London Heathrow, London City, London Stansted etc.  I didn't check other cities.

I also noticed JFK airport is showing up as Jamaica, United States and EHAM Schiphol is showing as "near somewhere" (can't remember the place name).

The database update is going in the right direction, but not good enough yet.  Someone should have checked the data first before release.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:01:22 AM by knight01 »