AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: In My Flights but not plotting on map  (Read 24187 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Re: In My Flights but not plotting on map
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 09:49:18 AM »
I have tried moving the map zooming in and out.  Not tried the HOME button can you remind me which button to press?  I did try double clicking, this is what brought it to my attention.  Would double click and nothing would happen, so investigated further.  Hence this thread.

Also have not subscribed to 3D mode (happy enough for 2d mode for my plane spotting activities) so can't test that. Willing to test if you were to give me temporary access (24hrs max would be enough I guess)

Graham

Cheers

Graham

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 09:51:08 AM »
Not tried the HOME button can you remind me which button to press?

The Home button on the toolbar.  It probably won't make any difference if you've already tried moving the map, zooming, etc.  I guess we've ruled out a graphics drawing issue.

Also confirm, you've definately clicked on the "Show All" in the filters toolbar (NOT the Quick Filters)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:55:08 AM by tarbat »

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 10:17:32 AM »
DOH moment for the HOME button!!!

Haven't ruled out a graphics drawing issue but have used this hardware for previous versions and OS's haven't noticed any problem before. 

Confirm using "show all"

knight01

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
Just like GreekSpy2001, I'm also experiencing aircraft with the "globe" not appearing on the map around the London area, even though the area is well within range (I live about 5 miles from Heathrow).  This could be happening because of the high number of aircraft movements in the London area.

This same issue/bug has been happening to other users for sometime.  User "airdata" started a thread on this back in Sept 2010, and I also added to that thread in Nov. 2010.  And now few months later more users are reporting this issue.

This is the previous thread:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5461.0

This is not a network issue, I haven't had network access since it expired in Aug. 10 and I don't use Planeplotter.  I've tried all the solutions given in the previous thread and It hasn't solved the problem.  

The only way to get the aircraft back on the map is to deselect and select "process hardware flights", it'll re-occur later until the process is repeated.

As this is now being reported by many users, I think we need a definite fix, otherwise this thread will end with nothing resolved.  Then a few months later someone will start another discussion on this same topic, and we'll start another round of debugging and "try that, try this".  

Allot of information has been provided to Airnav Support/Dev in this thread and the previous thread.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »
This could be happening because of the high number of aircraft movements in the London area.

Agreed, this needs to be fixed, but that will be difficult if Airnav can't reproduce the problem.  So, are we saying this is only a problem in high traffic areas?  Maybe we can get some idea from the users suffering from this problem which areas they cover, and total number of aircraft typically in their MyFlights list.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:57:50 AM by tarbat »

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 12:15:55 PM »
In response.  My coverage area is SE England.  typically approx 65 flights in My flights at midday.

Graham

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
knight01,

It will be looked at in detail and rectified, however the last time it was brought up we could never replicate it and we assumed this must be due to a graphics refresh issue on some machines.

Even now, we don't have full details of when this is exactly seen the earlier report orkney is in a low traffic area and he mentioned he had the network which goes against the last few reports. A lot of the users in the earlier thread had 64bit machines which may be a clue.

At the moment we  still need more details and reports from users to find the common factor in all of these.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Netcop

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 02:04:26 PM »
This problem definitely exists in 4.03, that's why I used 3.13 most of the time. I don't think thаt it's some graphics refresh issue - I saw this situation on three different PCs running on XP 32-bit.

As for the reproducing issue - try the following.  PC power scheme must be as follows - all components always on, no sleep mode, screensaver, etc. Start 4.03 and don't touch pc mouse for 20-30 min or something like that. You'll see.

And yes,  only ways to get the aircraft back on the map is to deselect and select "process hardware flights" or wait 2-4 minutes before the aircraft with the globe mark in My Flights  will be displayed on the mар.
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

bratters

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 02:12:37 PM »
In response.  My coverage area is SE England.  typically approx 65 flights in My flights at midday.

Graham

Sounds to me as if the key words here are "local" & "density". 65 flights is less than half the number I would expect however mine are spread throughout a 400nm diameter circle.

I guess that if you can work LAP from ground up then add in some stuff from City Gatwick Stansted Luton plus overflights you could squeeze an awful lot into a very small area on a busy day.

Is it possible that RB has a limit on what it can physically plot (as opposed to receive) with very heavy traffic in a very restricted area?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »
bratters,

No its not about what it can receive as some of users are saying the postions are being seen on PP when the data is being past from the RadarBox. Furthermore one person reported it in low traffic areas so this theory looks unlikely at the moment as no evidence to suggest it.
[email protected]

bratters

« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
What happens on the map when two aircraft report the same position but at different heights?

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2011, 02:56:27 PM »
I did note on a previous thread that with the same setup I was getting more flights on my 32bit XP laptop that on my Win 7 64bit PC.  approx 15-20% more on XP at any one time.  I was just unplugging from laptop to pc and back.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
As for the reproducing issue - try the following.  PC power scheme must be as follows - all components always on, no sleep mode, screensaver, etc. Start 4.03 and don't touch pc mouse for 20-30 min or something like that. You'll see.

Okay, I've tried this, and at the end of 30 minutes all 6 ADS-B aircraft listed in MyFlights still appear on the map okay.  6 in the list, 6 on the map.  But I'm running Vista 32-bit, so maybe this is just a 64-bit problem?

airdata

• Airdata
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
I reported it also on the previous thread.  My laptop running RB is on 24 hours and this problem comes and goes.  It can go for days where all aircraft with the globe are displayed on the map.  Then at other times as many as 5-6 won't display.  This is AKL and at most I get around 10 aircraft plotting on the map.  To get around this I untick the "process hardware flights" and then tick it again.  All the aircraft then happily appear....
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 08:39:41 AM »
airdata,

What version of the software do you use? and are you using 64bit?
[email protected]