anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: In My Flights but not plotting on map  (Read 24194 times)

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
Re: In My Flights but not plotting on map
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 03:14:11 PM »
Hello Support

I have encountered this issue with XP 32bit, vista 32bit and 7 32bit. If you want I will email you direct with more details.

Andrew

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
Please do email us with any information which could help track this down.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

knight01

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
This issue has been reported before, see here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5461.0

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »
Hi

Rebooted system.  Back up running and the problem doesn't seem to exist at present.  Will leave running overnight and check in the morning.  Suspect it could be a resources issue of RDB on my machine which also casues the BSoD.

Graham

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »
In reply to Alan

I know that it is my data on PP as my plots are a different colour to those that come off their network.  I am not masked by anything as previously I have always got these plots and the problem is showing when aircraft first appear at all heights and all over my coverage area.  

Having rebooted they are now appearing.  Will check again in the morning after the system has been running overnight.

Graham
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:18:50 PM by GreekSpy2001 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »
I know that it is my data on PP as my plots are a different colour to those that come off their network.

I wouldn't be so sure.  I've seen instances where Planeplotter is showing aircraft in the colour for my local aircraft, but the POSITION data is coming from the PP network.  Planeplotter still treats the aircraft as a local aircraft because the non-positional data is coming in on port 30003 (or 7879).

Only sure way of testing is to turn OFF the network in Planeplotter.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 10:13:40 PM »
Thanks to those who are providing with us with details at the moment. We are trying to get a picture of whats going on.

So far we have people saying its because of the network/not network related/Planeplotter or 64bit. So not really anything solid and reproducible yet :)

However please take note of the following before contacting us (as a few have and it hasn't been related):

- An aircraft can be in your reception polar diagram but not show up. This is because the polar diagram does not take into account height, aircraft are lower altitudes might not be seen while higher ones will.

- If an aircraft goes from your MyFlights (in your local reception) to outside of it but your not getting position data from it won't appear on the network untill you loose all contact with it.
[email protected]

eyeinthesky

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 11:10:47 PM »
What?
Using the Canon 10x30 IS Binoculars with Image Stabilisation, Brilliant job on a clear day.

Tonka

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »
I don't understand that either.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 08:32:39 AM »
Which part?

We just mentioned two cases where customer can easily get confused and say where is the aircraft its missing when there are reasons for it unrelated to any bug.

- Edit we will explain this again. These are two cases below explaining how RB works which a few people are getting confused with this issue.

Polar Plot - Customers are mentioning in a few cases there polar diagrams shows that it covers a certain airport, They know ABC123 has just taken off from that airport but they can't see it on the map. The polar diagram shows an area you have received aircraft plots from, it doesn't mean you should receive all aircraft from the ground up to FL400 in that location. It just shows you had received aircraft in that position which may have been at FL300 and your reception is limited below that due to hills/buildings etc.. Hope that explains that one better.

Network Transition:

If an aircraft is on the network and then comes into your MyFlights whether its plotting or not it will be removed from your network flights.

Example your at Heathrow with the RB and get reception as far as Dover:

BAW123 on the network and is in Germany
BAW123 is now in your MyFlights without a plot as it crosses the channel (due position signal not being received yet), it won't be in your network flights and won't plot.
BAW123 crosses Dover and starts plotting and is still in MyFlights

Example going the other way:

BAW321 at Heathrow takes off and is in your MyFlights plotting
BAW321 reaches the channel and doesn't plot anymore as its going out of reception but still in your MyFlights.
BAW321 is now not being received at all by your RB as its crosses channel and it should now appear from the network.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:46:39 AM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »
Yes Tarbat that could be the case.  However, the flights I am taking into account.  Are in MY flights first.  Have the World symbol that suggests they are plottable within RDB and are well within my area of coverage ( in areas that I would normally expect to recieve them without hinderance).  I then look on PP to see if they are plotting o that screen.  But can turn off networking to confirm.

Graham

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21:48 AM »
JUst to confirm.  Turned off sharing in PP.  BA752 G-EUPV in my flights as taking off from LHR  from approx 750ft with world symbol.  Didn't show until it was at FL70 on RDB map but WAS on PP screen from approx 750ft.   So it would seem that are a period of running their can be delays with the sw in writing data onto the map?  ( caveat - on my PC)

Will check for aircraft appearing at higher levels/areas of coverage.

Graham

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 09:23:53 AM »
Does it appear in the 3D mode?
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 09:36:38 AM »
Graham, a quick test to do.  When one of these aircraft is missing from the map, try moving the RB map slightly, or press the HOME button.  Does the aircraft then appear?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 09:40:45 AM »
Also double click on the aircraft on MyFlights, does the map move location?
[email protected]