anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Preferences  (Read 8488 times)

Typhoon

Preferences
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:32:43 AM »
Are you able to save your preferences after setting them?

I have changed the colours of the Flight Leveled, Flight Climbing and Flight Descending but when i restart RB they default back .
Typhoon

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Preferences
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:33:34 AM »
You need to save them and then import them when you load up RB.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Typhoon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 09:40:29 AM »
Ah, ok,

I cant seem to find anywhere that says save pref or is there a file in the /data file?
Typhoon

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:46:36 AM »
Export (Save), Import (Load)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:07:21 PM »
Just to clarify here - do I select the colours, save the selection using the Export button, close and restart RB an then click on the Import button within Preferences after RB has loaded again ?

Is this a one off action or do you have to do the import each time you start up RB ?

Marinus

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 01:32:38 PM »
As soon as you have set your preffered colours, export them as
i.e. Real Radar, hit apply or OK and your preffered colours will
show in RB and be remembered the next time you start RB.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »
Except that does not always happen. I have a set of colours - My Colours that I have set up I can load them from the Map/Colours tab amd they show OK - I have saved them on the "Default Map" settings and in my local map settings "Stevenage" but when I open the next time the system colours are loaded. I also note that the same applies for Outlines and Station names - I have saved the maps with outlines off and station names on but I still have to re-set them on each startup :-(

Marinus

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »
You have to set your colors using File > Preferences > Tab Map Colours > set preferences >
export to used background ( I always use Real Radar) and then Ok or Apply.

Is this the way you go about it ?

Marinus.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 02:17:15 PM by Marinus »

EINN-07

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 06:21:34 PM »
Once you have the colour cheme saved you will need to load it from Map / Colours / 'The name of your scheme' each time you start RB.

Each time the program starts it has 'Default' at the top of the window. I guess you would need to find a way of replacing the colour settings portion of 'Default' RB start up with your own personal colour setings in order to aviod having to go through the map menu each time.

Roadrunner

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 07:16:36 PM »
Once you have the colour cheme saved you will need to load it from Map / Colours / 'The name of your scheme' each time you start RB.

Each time the program starts it has 'Default' at the top of the window. I guess you would need to find a way of replacing the colour settings portion of 'Default' RB start up with your own personal colour setings in order to aviod having to go through the map menu each time.

It would be great if AirNav could add that - along with the default settings also keeping the Outlines and Station names settings as well :-).

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »
That is very easy: simply save the color settings you want s "default" overwriting the existing file. Also don't forget that with the drop down icon bar on the main application (the 7th from the left) you can easily set any available color settings.

Roadrunner

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 10:13:15 PM »
AirNav,

I saved the Default map with my new colours and it changed to the new colours. To test it I closed RB and re-opened it with the changed colours coming up as you stated.

However, with this changed default file loaded I made further changes in that I unticked Outlines and set Station Names to ON, I then resaved the Defualt map.  When I closed RB this time after saving it the map was just as I wanted it but when I reloaded it it had gone back to the original colours and showed Outlines and did not show station names.  Why is that