anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ver1.4 vs SBS  (Read 15415 times)

Deadcalm

Re: Ver1.4 vs SBS
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
I concur. All options should remain as fixed by the user on a per-use basis.  Networking (and sharing) is a great idea until a problem is encountered - if sharing is off by default (or unchecked as an option and retained), the user has some chance of running the programme without it falling over before the sharing option can be disabled.  Besides, not everyone wants to share their traffic for various reasons.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 04:50:00 PM »
I don't find it a particularly big issue to select File | Preferences | RadarBox and untick Share Data.

Deadcalm

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 05:27:46 PM »
Maybe not, but if your preference is that Share Data not be checked, then it should remain unchecked until re-checked.  That, after all, is the whole point of preferences!

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2008, 06:26:31 PM »
I don't find it a particularly big issue to select File | Preferences | RadarBox and untick Share Data.

I have mine on shared 99.9% of the time. It is the fact that it is an option and should therefore be my choice if I have it on all the time or off. Some other option settings also do not get retained - namely Outlines and Station names - I have mentioned these before, and while I am in no doubt that I can live with having to change these every single time I use Radarbox, it would be nice to have all the preferences/options on the menus retained in memory as it all adds to a smooth user experience and most things associated with Radarbox are cool and work well - except these items :-) :-)

EINN-07

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2008, 07:53:56 PM »

..... Some other option settings also do not get retained - namely Outlines and Station names - I have mentioned these before, and while I am in no doubt that I can live with having to change these every single time I use Radarbox, it would be nice to have all the preferences/options on the menus retained in memory as it all adds to a smooth user experience and most things associated with Radarbox are cool and work well - except these items :-) :-)

Roadrunner
In relation to outlines not being retained I had the same problem. Every time I started RB I had a mental checklist of things to uncheck and check to get everything to my personal settings. However.... I saved the map with my personal colour settings, outlines, map size / position etc as the new 'Default' map using Map - Open / Save - Save Map As.. and select Default.
Now all I have to remember to do is uncheck the share data box to get going. Would this fix your problem ?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 01:18:45 AM »
Please send an email to our support asking for them to pass it to the development team with all settings that you would like to be saved and are not. If you are fast you will catch the V1.5 train, if not then wait for V1.6.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 02:55:28 AM »

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 12:25:57 PM »
Quote from: EINN-07
In relation to outlines not being retained I had the same problem. Every time I started RB I had a mental checklist of things to uncheck and check to get everything to my personal settings. However.... I saved the map with my personal colour settings, outlines, map size / position etc as the new 'Default' map using Map - Open / Save - Save Map As.. and select Default.
Now all I have to remember to do is uncheck the share data box to get going. Would this fix your problem ?

I have tried setting both station names (on) and outlines (off) along with my colours in the Default map. However, sometimes the map colours stay as I have set them on others they do not. I have not yet got the saving of the default map to hold onto my Outlook/Station Names settings :-(