anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FlightDisplayLite for Radarbox  (Read 27075 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: FlightDisplayLite for Radarbox
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:26 AM »
When I Export routes to RB. Should I then delete the routes in FDlite database, as I seem to have noticed that if you dont the same routes get another datestamp, when you export again.

What I do is set "Expire Routes After" to 1 month, and then FDL auto-deletes any route details older than one month.  FDL does export everything each time you export, in case the details have been updated by RB in the meantime.

phil zech

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2010, 11:50:30 AM »
Thanks Tarbat,

Do you also untick "Route Auto-Populate" in Preferences ?

Regards

Phil

Northern Watch

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 05:13:44 PM »
Hi

Will this run on a netbook running an atom processor, 2Gb of RAM and XP operating system. Also, I have read the installation instructions after I downloaded the Zip file to My Office but not sure the next step once I have created the extra file in Navdata, do I unzip the file to the new file or do I unzip it to My Office and run the setup exe. file from there.

Thanks in anticipation

Keith

APB

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 09:30:36 PM »
Hi

Will this run on a netbook running an atom processor, 2Gb of RAM and XP operating system. Also, I have read the installation instructions after I downloaded the Zip file to My Office but not sure the next step once I have created the extra file in Navdata, do I unzip the file to the new file or do I unzip it to My Office and run the setup exe. file from there.

Thanks in anticipation

Keith

FDL should run ok with an atom processor. Once you have created the \Userdata directory, unzip the downloaded file to any directory and run setup.

Allan

Northern Watch

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 04:04:52 PM »
FDL should run ok with an atom processor. Once you have created the \Userdata directory, unzip the downloaded file to any directory and run setup.

APB

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply, I will give it a try once I have a minute to myself.

Regards

Keith

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
just installed this program on both my PC and laptop, and after reading everything here, i got it up and running well on both machines.
big thank you to everybody involved in this.
just one little ( and i know, stupid ) question ; what is the file containing the route data in RB, so i can transfer the corect data from my PC, wich i use at home and is linked to internet, to my laptop : wich i use mainly "in the field" with no internet connection and thus no look-up possibility, is it NavData.db3, or do i have to copy another file ?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2011, 11:06:22 AM »
just one little ( and i know, stupid ) question ; what is the file containing the route data in RB, so i can transfer the corect data from my PC, wich i use at home and is linked to internet, to my laptop : wich i use mainly "in the field" with no internet connection and thus no look-up possibility, is it NavData.db3, or do i have to copy another file ?

Yes, navdata.db3 contains the routes table.

hungryasthesea

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
Is there a quick way to clear the routes database in radarbox or do I need to use an sql query in SQlite?
Hungryasthesea

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
Is there a quick way to clear the routes database in radarbox or do I need to use an sql query in SQlite?

In SQLite:
DELETE FROM routes;

bratters

« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2011, 02:25:04 PM »
Don 't know who to send corrections to but right now TOM79G shown by FDL as EGKK-LCPH is outbound over the Humber Eastury and appears to have left Manchester earlier.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
thanks Tarbat

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2011, 05:46:57 PM »
Don 't know who to send corrections to

It depends what order you have the lookup sites set to, and which site provided the route details.  Try checking the route at the various sites to see which one is providing the incorrect info.

bratters

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2011, 06:22:30 PM »
Don 't know who to send corrections to

It depends what order you have the lookup sites set to, and which site provided the route details.  Try checking the route at the various sites to see which one is providing the incorrect info.

Thanks for the reply Tarbat. There are a number of questionable routes coming to light and I wondered if there was some site that was monitored by all interested parties - a sort of "route update site". This data would be both positive and, as above, "negative" reports.

I seem to recall we had something in the past when DR was in situ.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »
Thanks for the reply Tarbat. There are a number of questionable routes coming to light and I wondered if there was some site that was monitored by all interested parties - a sort of "route update site". This data would be both positive and, as above, "negative" reports.

I regularly download the routes database from the files section at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PP-logs-and-routes/

It gets updated several times a month, their latest version was released today, containing over 42,000 routes.  It seems to have up-to-date routes for most flights I see, including those that FDLite can't find for Loganair, Flybe, etc.  For example, it has 1450 routes for TOM***

It's well worth joining the group, download the database, export all the routes (attached) and import them into Radarbox.  I use this SQL to do the export:

SELECT DISTINCT
  FlightRoute.flight AS FN,
  substr(FlightRoute.route,1,4) AS NO,
  substr(FlightRoute.route,length(FlightRoute.route)-3,4) AS ND,
  "" AS NV,
  substr(date('now'),1,4) || substr(date('now'),6,2) || substr(date('now'),9,2) || "090000" AS CH
FROM
 FlightRoute

EDIT:  Oops, I've had to remove the attachment.  Someone has pointed out to me the statement "This data may not be copied, published, or incorporated into other databases without the explicit permission of David J Taylor, Edinburgh."  So, I guess David J Taylor owns the copyright on this.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:21:08 PM by tarbat »