AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FlightDisplayLite for Radarbox  (Read 27121 times)

anodes

Re: FlightDisplayLite for Radarbox
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »
Thank you  all that have been involved in the development & testing of this software. What I like are the extra data / info fields that are available, in particular the ‘flight times’. Great  software. Works great. Thanks.
Steve.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:52:35 AM by anodes »

Runway 31

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
While Flight Display is working well, it does so on the aircraft in MyFlights.  Is it possible to get the same service on Network flights?

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »
While Flight Display is working well, it does so on the aircraft in MyFlights.  Is it possible to get the same service on Network flights?

Sorry, it's not possible.  FDLite uses the output on port 30003 to get the FlightID, hex code, etc., and network flights are not output on port 30003.

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
Cheers Chris, many thanks.

Alan

LSZS

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 07:39:28 PM »
I don't know what happens. If I do anything wrong.
I've checked all lookup site with this order flightstats, Flytecomm, Flightaware, libehomeradar and FLR.
After I pressed start the 2 lights flash and is "waiting for data" After half an hour it find anything but I'm sure that RB has read 2 flights that aren't in the route table.
My configuration of FD is correct or not?
thanks
Engadin Airport auf 1707m / 5600ft. Europas höchstgelegener Flughafen
http://www.flickr.com/photos/stefanobazzi/

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 07:42:01 PM »
I have a number of FlightID's with the old 2 letter codes that would not display route info.  Is there a way of getting them to display with FDLite.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 07:57:07 PM »
After I pressed start the 2 lights flash and is "waiting for data" After half an hour it find anything but I'm sure that RB has read 2 flights that aren't in the route table.

Check in the FDLite Routes table.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5261076817/sizes/o/in/photostream/

If you click on an aircraft in the MyFlights tab, the route should then appear in the FDLite window.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
I have a number of FlightID's with the old 2 letter codes that would not display route info.  Is there a way of getting them to display with FDLite.

Not sure what you mean by "the old 2 letter codes".  Do you have an example?

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
Arles, France.

APB

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 08:27:05 PM »
LSZS, to add to tarbat's reply.
FDL does not write any information to the Radarbox routes table until you use the Export to Radarbox option. Once the RB table has been updated the new route data is then available for RB to use.
The FDL display will show "waiting for data" until you select an aircraft in Radarbox which would trigger a lookup.

Allan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 08:31:08 PM »
Tarbat

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5333.msg56212#msg56212

Andrew

Andrew, an example would really help.  What happens when you click on one of these flights in Radarbox.  Does FDLite show that it's attempting the route lookup?

phil zech

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 08:34:29 PM »
Evening All,

Have already downloaded app to my Laptop (Windows 7) and works a treat.

However when trying download onto PC (Windows Vista) I cant get it to load properly.

I think I am doing same steps used in Windows 7 download, but nothing seems to happen.

Im saving to Documents, opening file and then setup, FDL shows in programs but it hasnt asked me save in Air Nav Data/Userdata file, unlike Windows 7 did.

If any kind soul out there is using FlightDisplayLite on a Windows Vista PC, please could they post a simple step by step guide to installing, I'm sure its a simple thing I'm missing but......

or pm me.

Regards and Thanks

Phil

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 08:55:54 PM »
Phil, the installation on Vista should be the same.  If you run FDLite from programs, and go into options, you should see a button "Reset".  That should then take you through the process to say where the Radarbox Data folder is located.

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2010, 09:19:16 PM »
Tarbat,

I had a number of Air France, CCM and Air France Regional flights that were not displaying route details.  AirNav confirmed that the RB software would only lookup routes with the ICAO 3 letter codes and NOT the IATA 2 letter codes.

As mentioned earlier all aircraft should be following the ICAO format for their Flight IDs. There is no issue with our software, it was designed to handle what is specified which in this case is ICAO format flight ids.
In the past when we have seen non ICAO codes they have usually been mistakes and eventually been rectified. When the next version is released, if there is a significant portion of non ICAO flights appearing we may change the system to allow these routes.

Even if you update the routes table manually (as I tried) it does not display the route.

In France around 60-70% of commercial flights are using IATA codes (Air France often use AF instead of AFR) or non standard 2 letter codes (Regional often use RA instead of RAE).

Can FDLite process IATA 2 letter flightID’s and display the correct route information?

Thanks

Andrew
Arles, France.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
Can FDLite process IATA 2 letter flightID’s and display the correct route information?

I don't know.  FDLite uses services like Flightstats, FRL, Libhomeradar, Flytecom, Flightaware, etc. to do route lookups.  So, if these sites have routes for these flights, then FDLite wil find them.  Why not just try it and see?

I'm not at my main PC at the moment so can't see if I've had any of these types of FlightID in range.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 09:34:45 PM by tarbat »