AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: :)  (Read 25269 times)

romdouk

:)
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:59:40 PM »
?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:59:55 PM by romdouk »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: All I Want for Christmas!!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »
romdouk,

This has been addressed in many posts but as there quite a lot of posts it gets lost.

Work is being done on both Routes/Aircraft database to get them to rectify bugs in the details being passed down and also the actual data stored in the online database (whether this is via the Database Updaters for the aircrafts and other companies for Routes)

At present there are other projects which are in the pipeline which need to released first before these issues can be rolled out to the customers. We are extremely sorry about this but there are resource and techincal issues to why those projects need to go out first.

We hope to expect those projects to be done and dusted in the next 2 - 3 months if things go well.

We again only apologise for the issues and thank you for your patience.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bratters

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »
Hi,
Any news of progress being made on the routes and aircraft databases? The guys doing the updating are working extremely hard but don't seem to be getting a lot of backup from AirNav. The saga has been going on a fair while now and it would be nice if we (the Customer) were given some sort of time scale as to when we can expect an improvement. I'm particularly interested in the routes database as I've given up on the aircraft database side and now rely on third party software (ADU)(something Airnav slates the competition about) in order to populate MyLog with aircraft details.
Merry Christmas to all
Terry

Well, you asked your question and you got your answer Terry.

The silence on the forum speaks louder than words.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 11:23:56 AM »
Got to agree, except for a few, users dont seem to have too many problems.  We dont get many unkown reports and from that you have to take it there isnt to much of a problem.  What do others think.

Alan

bratters

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »
Got to agree, except for a few, users dont seem to have too many problems.  We dont get many unkown reports and from that you have to take it there isnt to much of a problem.  What do others think.

Alan

You misunderstand my post. Too much irony perhaps.

There has been considerable complaining on here in the past six months about routes and other database problems.

The fact that it's all gone quiet is because it has finally dawned that nothing is being done or will be done. All the talk along the lines of "we're working hard on the problems - stay with us - we're doing our best - won't be long now" etc etc was just talk.

The real answer is " At present there are other projects which are in the pipeline which need to released first before these issues can be rolled out to the customers."  So don't expect your database to be correct and your routes to be accurate because they won't be -and they won't be for a considerable time.

That's why it's gone quiet.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 12:50:53 PM »
Hello

I must say that I do believe Airnav when they say there is other things in the pipeline and bugs will be corrected in time. Maybe give them the benefit of the doubt and stop complaining-it is Christmas! :)

Andrew

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 12:59:00 PM »
I knew what you meant, maybe too much irony on my part!  dont know where you are coming from with your complaints abpout the aircraft database, routes maybe.  If you have an aircraft unidentified press on it and it should download the data, letting you see what it is.  If not forward it to us and we will add it in. Easy or what.  If you note any inaccuracy again let us know and we will amend where necesary.  The database update thread shows that we are taking notice of d/b issues.  The aircraft database is not perfect but it is being added to every day so how you can say nothing is getting done about it, I dont know.

Bah Humbug!!!

Alan

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 01:43:29 PM by Runway 31 »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 01:11:03 PM »
It strange to read such a post from someone totally out of our Database Updaters team.

Anyway we are happy to clairfy that:
- The Database Updaters team is happy and efficient as always: almost 100K records updated as we write this post, something totally amazing;

- We keep direct contact with them on a weekly basis (most of the times more often than that). They all have our airnavsystems.com email so if they had any complaint it would be easy to email us;

- It is known that the software has to be fine tuned to better work with updated records: we have always reported that we will correct this as soon as ShipTrax is released. Unfortunately they are not, in terms of development, different projects so one has to wait for the other;

- The same applies to the flight number database: despite over 98% of all records being correct we will fine tune the central and client software to achieve better values.

It is important to underline how a group of volunteers, our database updaters, has done such an amazing job and is almost reaching the mark of 100K aircraft records updated. We now have access, using the RadarBox application, to the best ever aircraft database existing on the web - complete and updated by several serious aviation enthusiasts.

Regarding future projects: 2011 will be an amazing year for all AirNav fans. 5 brand new projects on the pipeline now.

chewycanes

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 01:21:44 PM »
Hi
I don't use the routes so it does not bother me but i understand the frustration for others.

As Alan says the aircraft database is better and any problems are soon sorted by Alan and the other updaters.

I am a new user so i want to keep the faith that a new issue will appear soon and silence some of the critics.

So welldone to the Updaters for the work they put in and lets hope that all that effort pays off in the near future.

Lets hope we all get what we want for XMAS even if it is a bit late.

Merry XMAS

Brian

jannuh

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »
Regarding future projects: 2011 will be an amazing year for all AirNav fans. 5 brand new projects on the pipeline now.
5 projects in the pipeline...  wow, must be busy overthere, some projects are there since a few years, think they must have fallen asleep, somewhere in the back of the pipeline... ;-)

A.N. was very succvesfull in 2010 in banning members who have concern about bugs and other "minor problems"within the R.B. software.

That's also a solution... ban members who speak up, praise those members saying hallelujah A.N. (btw where is our beloved friend of Ireland, really miss him.. NOT)

Chris11

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
Two issues - aircraft and route.
My experience is that the aircraft has been sorted. The number of aircraft that do not populate is small.

Routes are another issue. There are large numbers of lights without routes and large numbers of errors. There also seems to be little being done about the routes. There are big holes.. and yes there are still routes with FADN which closed 6 months ago. My view is that there should be a method to add corrections to routes and supplying data for missing routes but that is not acceptable to AirNav.

Be that as it may. there is no point in having long posts bitching about the product. That is not going to change anything and is only an irritation to those that enjoy the product and this forum.  There are however regular questions to irNav asking what the progress is. The replies are vague but at least we give them a prod every now and again.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 02:46:32 PM »
jannuh,

If that was the case, why would we openly have a bugs page on our website? why would we have a forum, wouldn't it be easier for us just to remove the forum.

I am sorry jannuh but you are playing to propoganda that is spread by people who are either competitors or people jealous of AirNav Systems. We are here and have been here for the last three years working to provide the best system on the market.

As we have said to you before, if you don't have anything helpfull to say then please do not say it on this forum.
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 02:52:13 PM »
Regarding banning members: this forum is a civilized place where respect is a major concern for us. We will not allow users posting messages with hidden commercial intentions and agenda. This is the biggest ADS-B/Mode-s related forum and that's for a reason: because serious enthusiasts and everyone interested in this hobby find here a great place to share ideas with other members. There are lots of forums on the internet where false/negative facts and campaigs are posted daily. This is a free world: if you want quality of information and interested users you are welcome here.

2010 has been a great year with the released of RadarBox 3D, the first  and only 3D based flight tracker currently available.

2011 will see a lot more projects. Unfortunately ShipTrax release is delayed but once it comes out it will have the success RadarBox has had.

As always we are working hard on new projects and you will be amazed for what we have reserved for 2011.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »
Chris11,

Not sure what you mean exactly about the routes issue. We are trying to get better data to plug in the missing gaps (we already get routes from FlightStats.com and our own routine). Also the database does mark the routes with a timestamp so they should refresh after 6 months to pick up new details.

The foundations are there but yes there is room for much improvement which we are working on.
[email protected]

Chris11

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 03:32:45 PM »
Lets take now as an example. There are 1130 aircraft on the nwtwork of which approx 30 have no flight ID. There are about 300 with no routes displaying. That is a large percentage. Some of those will be populating from my local route tabel as well.

Lets use Wizz (ICAO=WZZ) as an example - there are hardly any routes displaying for their flight - 10% max. So I went to their website and downloaded their routes and added them to my local database - took a few hours but at least I have them know