anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Shall I Buy?  (Read 1989 times)

bribahn

Shall I Buy?
« on: November 30, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »
I joined the Forum to read the variety of postings to help me decide whether to buy the AirNav RadarBox3D. It didn't take long and I expect to be opening my new RadarBox on Xmas Day! 2 questions if I may.
I intend to use a 17" Laptop. Screen up to 1440x900. I note the AirNav spec is 1280x1024. Is this likely to create any problems?
I currently have SBS1 installed. Assuming the SBS Box is not connected would there be a conflict in installing the RadarBox without uninstalling SBS1. (Reason I do not want to uninstall SBS1 is I suspect that when I see the RadarBox working I shall like it so much I will want to change it from its intended location at my Grandchildrens home in London to my home in Suffolk where I spend most time in which case the SBS can move to London).
Thank you all for making my decision very easy!   Brian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Shall I Buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:01:21 PM »
I intend to use a 17" Laptop. Screen up to 1440x900. I note the AirNav spec is 1280x1024. Is this likely to create any problems?

No problem - I run on a laptop with 1024x600 - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1413.msg14430#msg14430.  You may find the bottom of the preferences drops off the bottom of the screen, but not a major problem

I currently have SBS1 installed. Assuming the SBS Box is not connected would there be a conflict in installing the RadarBox without uninstalling SBS1.

Again, no problem.  I still have Basestation installed, after upgrading to a Radarbox.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 10:03:11 PM by tarbat »

bribahn

Re: Shall I Buy?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 04:51:59 PM »
Thanks Tarbat - reassuring to know there are no problems. Brian