AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Merging Databases  (Read 4630 times)

steveb25

Merging Databases
« on: March 12, 2008, 12:10:18 PM »
Hi all

Has anybody tried merging to myLog databases together.

I ask as I sometimes run the box on my laptop. I copy the database from desktop to laptop
so as to keep myLog up to date but today of all days I forgot.

Just wondered if anybody had tried to join two of the databases together

Cheers

Steve

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Merging Databases
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 06:01:32 PM »
Hi all

Has anybody tried merging to myLog databases together.

I ask as I sometimes run the box on my laptop. I copy the database from desktop to laptop
so as to keep myLog up to date but today of all days I forgot.

Just wondered if anybody had tried to join two of the databases together

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

It can be done with a tool like SQLite Maestro which has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum.  I did this during beta testing so that I could use my old MyLog data after the sql database structure had been changed.  You can use SQLite maestro to import data and you get options to append/replace data if you have duplicate records.

I'd probably suggest that you wouldn't want to bother with this every time you ran RadarBox on a different computer.  You could carry MyLog.db3 on a USB memory stick and keep the latest copy on this and copy it across each time as required.

You would have to be carefull to make sure that you always copied the database to the USB stick at the end of a session, then copy it to the other PC before you started another session - it does depend how serious you are about having a master database.

steveb25

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:40:02 AM »
Allocator

Apologies for not replying before, had a busy couple of days.

Thanks for the info, took your advice and now carry a usb stick in my pocket

Many thanks

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:43:56 AM »
Hope this is the right place to put this.

A week or so ago, soon after 1.4 came out I imported my basestation.sqb to radarbox and only got 9,960 or so of 16,000 to populate RadarBox.  I have been working on my data in SBS1 and updated a lot of missing data and deleting codes received a long time ago and not found in any of the good web sites so decided to cull them.

Last night a re-attempted to upload the remaining 16,025 records to RB and this time it took 15,968 of them :-). 

The only things I would like to see now are

The posibility of the aircraft serial No (Production no) being available ?
The possibility to just get RB to search and upload new records from the import source rather than having to delete everything in MyLog and start again ?
The possibility of other import sources direct to RB , eg a csv file from Excel or Access or even notepad ?

Regards

Mike

« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 09:48:07 AM by Roadrunner »

steveb25

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
Mike

Your requests would be of a great help, especially the aircraft serial no's as it allows you to keep track of the airframe irrespective of its current registration.