anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time Travel  (Read 4060 times)

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
Time Travel
« on: November 14, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
I woke up this morning to hear the "thunk" sound of a USB connect/disconnect on my Windows 7 (64) machine.  I checked the RadarBox and the blue light was in a steady flash state.  I disconnected and reconnected the USB connection on the box to no avail.  Since the PC is on 24/7 and I had not rebooted for some time, I opted to do the reboot.  Everything came up normally with my other apps, but the RadarBox auto-startup failed because the username and password were no longer present.  I entered them manually only to find that all of my previous custom settings were also missing.  I checked MyLog to discover that all of my data is as it was on July 24 of this year.

Coincidentally, I posted a message in the forum stating that I had installed ANRB using the default install with the data in the virtual store and having no ill effects.

Is this one of the ill effects from having the data in the virtual store?

Not happy and very puzzled!

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
Re: Time Travel
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 12:43:43 PM »
Additonal info ... the significance of the July 24 date is that is the date when I originally installed ANRB on this machine with data from a previous machine.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Jim

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 12:52:36 PM »
Hello

Yes having it installed into the default program files location in vista and Win 7 can cause problems with the log data so it is best to install it to c:/Airnav Systems or something like that. We used to have radarbox installed in program files on vista and data was only written to the log database file when the software was shut down correctly.

Andrew

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »
Thanks, Andrew!

I had planned to move ANRB to another computer soon.  I'll do the install as you suggest.

Jim

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 03:14:53 PM »
Your up-to-date databases are probably in the Virtual Store somewhere.  And are you using the same Windows account?  Remember, there is a separate Virtual Store for each Windows account.  Maybe you were running as Administrator for the initial install?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 03:17:27 PM by tarbat »

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 10:09:03 PM »
I'm using the same account which is an admin account.  I'm not able to find any additional records in the virual store DBs.

Thanks for responding!