anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question to Airnav - Database locking  (Read 10006 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Question to Airnav - Database locking
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 09:31:25 PM »
bratters,

We agree with most of what you said. Let me just clarify some points however. We have never said things are "hunky dory" with the database. If you view our posts we have apologised many times and mentioned it is being redsigned for the next version.

Each version is an evolution on the next, since we first released RadaBox we didn't even a GAS link for Aircraft Details, or FlightStats routes, they were all static back then. Since then sources have been added in, aircraft database team and now with the new version a new database to handle changes better. We totally agree that this needs to be rectified to move onto the next step and that's what we are endeavouring to do.

However we do feel some people feel some of the data appears from thin air and should be right 100% of time.

As we said in the reply to your post we thought it was harsh comment as the routes displayed are coming from a source (its not like we have turned it off). Yes improvement should be made as we indicated in that post though your post indicated we weren't even providing a routes service.

Hope that explains things. Also you won't be "slung off the forum", the only forum users who have that to them are ones who have hidden agendas on this forum and offend other users.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tailwinds

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 10:37:36 PM »

However we do feel some people feel some of the data appears from thin air and should be right 100% of time.

With all due respect, when I purchased my ANRB at considerable cost, I thought it would simply plug in and work. I thought it would work at 100% or at best, 99%. I had no idea about databases having these problems. Bratters says that the databases have deteriorated over the past two years! Why is this happening?
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »
Tailwinds,

That quote was about the database content not anything else about RadarBox.

To put it in perspective you have 100,000+ Aircraft Database and a 100,000+ Routes Database, each day you could have 500 changes or additions. There is no one single source for this data in fact there are 1,000s of sources and many may conflict each other. For that reason the database will never be 100% accurate.

The database issues are as below which will be addressed, we won't go into them in detail as they have been discussed on the forum:

- Routes/Aircraft Updating local database
- Alphanumeric Routes (requres lookup tables)
- Conflicting data
- Aircraft & Route data refreshed on the server from correct sources

These issues are being worked on, and we will continue to strive to reach as close as possible to 100% :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]