anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database Update Requests  (Read 836022 times)

Runway 31

Re: Database Update Requests
« Reply #225 on: December 02, 2010, 09:44:26 AM »
Brian,

44054E is a OE-IZM a G550 which was in at Stansted yesterday.
AE477F is US mil and unknown.

Alan

Chris11

« Reply #226 on: December 02, 2010, 11:37:20 AM »
Another new one for you Alan - E487BA

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:42:48 AM by Chris11 »

Runway 31

« Reply #227 on: December 02, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
Saw it Chris but no info found.

Alan

Chris11

« Reply #228 on: December 02, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »
As far as the Company name issue is concerned - there are a number of aircraft that have the dual listing - eg on the network now is D-AHXH which is painted in TUIfly colours and flies under Air Berlin flight Id's - It shows as the company Air Berlin (TUIfly).

Paulc

« Reply #229 on: December 02, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
ACW,

Star alliance as exactly that, an alliance of airlines. By all means have some reference to the fact that a particular aircraft is in Star alliance colours but not at the expense of the actual airline it is operated by. Airline followed by (Star Alliance) would be a reasonable compromise. Would also apply this suggestion to One World & Skyteam marked aircraft.

bratters

« Reply #230 on: December 02, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
Hello database update persons

Could one of you busy people take a couple of second's break to tell me and the hundreds of others like me if the results of your constant beavering will ever filter down to us?

We appear to be now firmly split into a two tier society, divided between those who can update their RadarBox databses and those who might as well sling 'em on a scrapheap.

So, as you are in theory working in conjunction with Airnav, what news do you have for fellow users?

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #231 on: December 02, 2010, 12:06:13 PM »
Hello

You should actually be noticing a difference now. There is a load of records been done and they automatically download into your database. There are a few problems with the icao aircraft type not downloading etc but this is being worked on by Airnav as we speak. I dont know much more than than at this time.

Andrew

bratters

« Reply #232 on: December 02, 2010, 12:20:15 PM »
Ah ha...that sounds more encouraging and I certainly was not aware that revised data was now being automatically downloaded. Well done.

Can whatever system you are employing for these issues also be used in the very  thorny issue of routes?

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #233 on: December 02, 2010, 12:40:23 PM »
Hello

Sorry, you will have to wait for Airnav to comment on routes since we only have access To the central aircraft database.

Andrew

bratters

« Reply #234 on: December 02, 2010, 12:54:35 PM »
Hello

Sorry, you will have to wait for Airnav to comment on routes since we only have access To the central aircraft database.

Andrew

No prizes for guessing what that will be.

Runway 31

« Reply #235 on: December 02, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
Bratters, as Andrew stated you dont need to have any knowledge of working databases, if the aircraft details come up blank click on it and it will auto-populate with the data.  If it doesnt we dont have it in the database, hence the reason for this thread. 

If you see an unknown forward the hex and we will do our best to find the details and add it to the database.

Alan

bratters

« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2010, 01:59:17 PM »
Thanks Alan.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #237 on: December 02, 2010, 02:16:56 PM »
Bratters, as Andrew stated you dont need to have any knowledge of working databases, if the aircraft details come up blank click on it and it will auto-populate with the data.

And if it comes up with the wrong details, what is the recommended way of forcing an update with the correct details?

Chris11

« Reply #238 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
I have mine set for autoupdate. This only happens if there is NO aircraft picture. If there are local miscodes that I want in my database I make sure there is a picture.

IF I see an aircraft where something looks out of place - eg Flight ID and company don't tie up, no company name, picture and flight id don't tie up, etc and there is a picture then I go to the photo subdirectory and delete the pictures for that aircraft and then click on the aircraft and t updates.

Bit manual but it works for me.

An alternative is to delete all the pictures which will result in every aircraft refreshing but that also has its downside eg - the age old type corruption, etc

A point on the routes - I really think AirNav need to consider the same facility as the aircraft. This is working like a dream. There are also numerous routes that I can see are incorrect or missing on the network but I have correct one on my local database. The route issue is a massive exercise for anyone, auto or manual so the more people that are doing updates the more accurate it will become.

davidp124

« Reply #239 on: December 02, 2010, 03:31:33 PM »
Good morning,
Please make the following correction to the d-base:  Thank You

Currently Populated as:
ADFED0     85-1262     C12C     Beech C-12C     US - Coast Guard     BP-53

Should be:
ADFED0   85-01262   C12T      Raytheon Beechcraft C-12T     US - Army   BP-53