anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aircraft identification  (Read 3606 times)

anodes

Aircraft identification
« on: November 18, 2010, 11:14:03 AM »
Hi All, picked this up  today, why is it flying under the RAF symbol?

43E7B3  MLION       Hawker900XP             M-LION        Lion Investment  and Trade     2010/11/18 10:46:46

Thanks Steve 

chewycanes

Re: Aircraft identification
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
Hi
Its due to your D008.dat file in the Data folder.

In this file the code used for RAF is as below which allows any ModeS code of 43C to 43F to be assigned to the RAF.
Old data:
RA,United Kingdom Mil,0100001111--------------

Take a copy of the D008.dat file and save it in a safe place in case of error.

You need to modify this line (i used notepad) by deleting the last dash after the last 1 and adding a zero in its place. This then sets the RAF to 43C only.

Open up the D008.dat  using and change the line to

New Data:
RA,United Kingdom Mil,01000011110-------------

Save and replace old D008,dat in Data folder.

Becareful to only delete the one character and add one as extra or reduced characters may cause problems.

Hope this helps
Brian

ACW367

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 12:33:08 PM »
Anodes

43E* was originally allocated to UK Mil before the creation of the Manx Register.  There have been updates to the needed D008.dat file by users, however Airnav still ship an out of date copy to new users.  I hope that when they produce the bug fixes in the next version, they will also look at ensuring new users get up to date flag files.

This topic should help you.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=617.0

Tarbat/Allocater have been the ones creating the updated files for users.  Could you guys point Steve in the direction of the last updated files.

Steve If you decide to try it yourself, always save a backup file somewhere else before you start, so if it all goes wrong, you can return to that baseline data.

anodes

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:04:48 PM »
Many thanks for your replies Gentlemen. I will endeavour to follow your intructions, however I am a little unsure of editing the files. I shall get back  to you when I have made progress! - I feel that there are several listings in my data files that are incorrect, is there a way to do a bulk correction of files, or do they have to be done one by one ? Thanks in advance.
Steve

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:23:52 PM »
It over 10 months since I last worked on this, but the latest D008.dat and flags can be found at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4263.msg43959#msg43959

And some missing flags at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4263.msg42915#msg42915

Airnav, will this finally be included in the next release - please!!

anodes

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 05:06:01 PM »
Many thanks again Tarbat, chewycanes & ACW367, I have followed your suggestions, backed up the original D008.dat file  & then replaced it with tarbat’s, appears to be working OK. When I embarked on this hobby I thought it would be just a case of getting a decent antenna,  then I would be away with hours of stress free addiction – never mind I suppose that would all be too easy!! Thanks again guys for your support  today.
Steve
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:13:24 PM by anodes »